Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fencing for Garden With Dog?

Options
  • 20-07-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to fence off part of the garden for my dog. She's a cocker spaniel so wouldn't have to go too high. Anyone know where I could get a bit of suitable fencing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Try the likes of Homebase/Woodies/B&Q they'll do fencing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What kind of fencing do you want ie panels or wire. Hardware shops usually sell the panels of various sizes and farm shops will sell the other wire like chainlink. Heavy chainlink is around 1 euro per foot. Timber posts are usually used depending on the size they can go for around 2 euro to 8 euro or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just want something that isn't too high (she's only a cocker) and that will keep her confined to the back of the garden during the day. She's a divil for sitting at the side of the house all day where all and sundry can see her and I'm worried she'd be robbed.

I could easily cut off half the garden to her and she'd still have her shed and loads of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Closed fence panels would prob. be best then although they need a small gap in them to let the wind blow through otherwise they end up coming apart. If you're in a very sheltered spot you might get away with totally closed panels at the side and then panels with a wee gap (it's only like 1/2 and inch gap or less) at the back.

Shop around though prices can vary a lot, if you have a farm relief services crowd in your area sometimes their fencing is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I want to just get wire fencing though with plastic poles that I can take up and down easily. I don't really want to put up anything permanent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement