Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Kilkenny can I get foam, (as used in cushions etc)

Options
  • 20-07-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I need to buy this stuff in fairly large quantities. You know it, its the yellow spongy foamy stuff you see in seat cushions and car seats etc. I want to sound-proof a room and acoustic tiles are a complete rip off and totally not worth it.

Also, can anyone recomend a one-stop shop for a sturdy shovel, a bag of builder's lime and some cable ties and an economy bag of Wurther's Original?

Only joking, but seriously I do need to soundproof this room.

Help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

fabbydabby wrote: »

Also, can anyone recomend a one-stop shop for a sturdy shovel, a bag of builder's lime and some cable ties and an economy bag of Wurther's Original?

Clearly you are going to dig a big trench, run a few wires along it securing them together with the cable ties. You are then going to use the lime in your cement mixer and re-fill the trench. After this is done your going to sit down and reward yourself with a big bag of Wurther's Original! :D

Cant help with the foam though, sorry! Have you tried the traditional revearse egg containers for sound proofing? You can pick them up for free and its supposed to be a really effective sound dampener due to their shape. These are the ones im on about in case you didnt know:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/2448293166_33be83bb8e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yep, I know the sort of stuff you are on about. I really think that the foam would be a much tidier job though.

It was suggested I try furniture makers. Anyone know any locally?

I've gotten everything else on the list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Hi FabbyDabby,

Did you have any joy sourcing foam? I need a smallish amount to pad out a headboard for a bed.

Thanks,
    Brian

Havent looked very hard to be honest as this is a medium-term project and other stuff has taken priority....

I'll keep ya posted, if you kindly do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Fabbydabby,

I sourced some in a compant called Vita Cortex in Cork.

PM sent with more info.

Brian

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot Brian, will check that out.

Advertisement