Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Walking - How Much Would You Pay?

Options
  • 20-07-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Saw an ad in my local shop. Two girls offering to walk dogs for €10 a half hour or €20 an hour!

Would people really pay this? I'm thinking of going into the business myself at those rates!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

no i definately wouldnt pay that, €20 an hour, god not too many people getting paid €20 an hour these days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rej

Depends on where you live to be honest... seems like wasted money to me.. in my opinon you should buy yourself an ipod & walk him/her yourself, or if you live near family, get some of their kids to do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

There's a guy dog walking near me charges €10 per hour and couple of euro more for second dog, only brings your dog(s) not a mob as some do, never used him as I'm home lunchtime and early in the evenings. heard from someone he usually does bit over the hour so worth it, I wouldn't mind €10 for dogs but €20 they'd have to wait for me to get home or get themselves a job to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 buildingahome

I agree, the dog would definitley have to start putting bread on the table at those rates! But there are people out there that don't have the time to walk their dogs or are away all day, I do believe there's a business in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That just seems steep esp. as a lot of people when needing their dog walked need it done almost daily if they are working. Babysitters don't even get €20 quid an hour (or have I been living under a rock).

An hour isn't that long for a walk although it's an important service I think not many people are willing to pay that much even if they are desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rej

Came across this link you might want to have a look at:

http://www.irishanimals.ie/care/kennel.html

It contains a list of kennels/doggy day care/walking services around the country. If you ring around you might get a better idea of what the going rate is

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rej wrote: »
    Came across this link you might want to have a look at:

http://www.irishanimals.ie/care/kennel.html

It contains a list of kennels/doggy day care/walking services around the country. If you ring around you might get a better idea of what the going rate is

I think you took me up wrong here Rej. I'm not looking to avail of their service myself. I do exactly what you receommended above - take the dog out each evening with my ipod and give her a run off the lead in some local fields and a swim in the local lake.

I was just amazed at the prices I saw in the shop and was wondering if people really would pay that.

Advertisement