Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedriastrian Streets In Dublin

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:55am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody direct me to a list of Pedriastrian streets in Dublin city centre and immediate areas?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

kceire wrote: »
    Can anybody direct me to a list of Pedriastrian streets in Dublin city centre and immediate areas?

thanks.

I'd love to see one as well but I can't locate it on the council website. I can guess them to be including some of these....

Henry Street, North Earl Street, Mary Street, Moore Street, Liffey Street, South William Street, Grafton Street, Duke Street, South Anne Street, Chatham Street, Wicklow Street, Harry Street, Dame Lane and assorted lanes in Temple Bar. Many of these streets are pedestrian only at certain hours or are not fully pedestrianised; Henry Street and South William Street are two of the only totally pedestrian main streets throughout their length and are pretty much car free.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

I think you mean South King St, South William is a one way street with plenty of private cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

JayeL wrote: »
    I think you mean South King St, South William is a one way street with plenty of private cars.

I did, sorry:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I'd love to see one as well but I can't locate it on the council website. I can guess them to be including some of these....

Henry Street, North Earl Street, Mary Street, Moore Street, Liffey Street, South William Street, Grafton Street, Duke Street, South Anne Street, Chatham Street, Wicklow Street, Harry Street, Dame Lane and assorted lanes in Temple Bar. Many of these streets are pedestrian only at certain hours or are not fully pedestrianised; Henry Street and South William Street are two of the only totally pedestrian main streets throughout their length and are pretty much car free.

FYI

just talking to a Senior Engineer in DCC and the best list or guide for pedestrian streets in Dublin is the most recent OSi Dublin Street Guide as the pedestrian streets are highlighted differently.

thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement