Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hung

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this? I caught the first two episodes last night. It looks like it has potential. Some very funny moments. As usual the production is top notch, you wouldn't expect anything else from HBO.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

There's already a thread on this:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055605383&highlight=hung

Watched the pilot and the second episode - it does have potential. Thomas Jane is pretty good in the lead and he plays the whole down-on-his-luck likable loser very well. I thought the second episode was better than the pilot (perhaps it also helped that it was down to the "normal" 30 minute length, rather than the longer pilot) so I'll keep watching for now.

Not too sure how it's doing in the US currently though: HBO stupidly aired the pilot two weeks ago and then had a one week break (due to the 4th of July weekend) before airing the second episode, which seems like a pretty dumb way to launch any new show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is a premium cable show so that won't matter that much.

You wouldn't do that on a network with the ire of the advertisers to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The first 2 episodes were pretty slow and not alot happened apart from explaining the premise. I haven't watched episode three yet but I hope it improves. I'll give it 5 or 6 episodes because it's HBO, anyone else and it'd be forgotton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

Watched the 3rd Episode last night and its Growing on me but ive got an issue with the , err how shall i put this..The length on the show...

27 mins both ep 2+ 3...Come on guys !!...Im just getting into it and the shows over:)...

Maybe its keeping in tone with the Show??...

Its called hung but its just a bit too short :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

The < 30 minute format seems pretty standard with any US comedy though... I can only think of "Chuck" right now as the only comedic show that falls under the hour length format (or around 45 minutes without ads) and that's it. Everything else is just over 20 minutes without the ads and the other cable comedies like "Weeds" or "Entourage" are just under 30 minutes...

Still, I think that's best for the show... not a lot has happened so far and I'd get pretty bored if they were using the storylines they have been using but dragged out over a longer format...

• Advertisement
Advertisement