Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please advise - bus from burgh quay to blanchardstown shopping center

Options
  • 20-07-2009 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,
    I'm from Galway and I have to be in Blanchardstown shopping centre tomorrow at 12.
    my car broke over the weekend so i have to take the bus.
    i have a bus that will get me to bourgh quay at approximately 11 and i need to know what bus to take (preferably direct) to Blanchardstowh Shopping center.
    or would you know how much a taxi would be?
    could also get off at liffely valley.
    please advise the best way

thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Walk to Hawkins St (1min) and get the 39?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Go to the terminus of the 39 on Hawkins St (or you can get on at College Green), this bus will bring you directly to the Blanch Centre.

As will the 70, from the same stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kosmo

thanks a lot
    would you know how long it would take the trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Go to the terminus of the 39 on Hawkins St (or you can get on at College Green), this bus will bring you directly to the Blanch Centre.

As will the 70, from the same stop.
    just to clarify something here.
    the 39 goes from the screen cinema in hawkins street
    the 70 goes from marks models in hawkins street.
    these are two completely different stops and a good 70+ yards apart. most drivers on routes do not open doors in between stops and that would include these two routes as well.
    someone else posted about the 70 going into the S.C. this is at certain times of the day only.A.F.A.I.R. it's mainly in the evenings that they go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

kosmo wrote: »
    thanks a lot
    would you know how long it would take the trip?

The 39 is your best bet with departures from Hawkins Street every 10-15 minutes (1030, 1040, 1050, 1100, 1115, 1125).

It should take about 40/45 minutes at that time of the morning to get to the Blanchardstown Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NedNew

Yes, I'm pretty sure the two bus stops are about 100 metres apart - so as MeanMachine mentioned, it's best to be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Another option is to hop onto a Maynooth bound train at Tara Street, which is just beside Burgh Quay as it happens. Get off at Castleknock station (There is a train leaving Tara Street at 11:18 which will have you there by 11:39, it's about 10 minutes walk away from the SC or a quick €5 taxi ride if the rain set in.

If you are going to any of the retail park shops around the SC itself, allow a good 10 minutes extra to get around as it is quite an expansive site.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kosmo

thanks to all whom replied.
    it's much easier to plan now.
    thanks again

Advertisement