Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the hell do the toilets in nightclubs NEVER lock???

Options
  • 20-07-2009 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously... do they actually never do any maintenance in these places? I've been out a lot this year and I have yet to encounter a club in which the locks on the toilet cubicles actually worked. It's kind of awkward doing your business when you have to either press the door closed constantly with your foot, or else keep reaching out to bang it closed. It gets even more complicated if for whatever reason you didn't want to or couldn't use the urinal and have to pee in a cubicle - much harder to keep it closed when you're standing with your back to the door. And if some moron tries to open it and rams you in the back with the door while you're doing your business... Messy.

What's the deal? Do they just never bother fixing them? Or is there some master gang out there whose sole purpose in life is to visit each nightclub a few times a week and destroy the doorlocks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Agreed, its not good for business

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

It stops people lighting up or taking drugs in the cubicles. Alot of clubs dont bother fixing them so they can send the bouncers in to have a look

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

scumbags keep breaking the locks thats why, management get sick of repairing stuff the people just keep breaking each night.

Bottom line blame the scumbags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If there's a toilet seat then I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Cabaal wrote: »
    scumbags keep breaking the locks thats why, management get sick of repairing stuff the people just keep breaking each night.

Bottom line blame the scumbags

They need some muck-savage who welds tractors back together to make the locks, toilet roll dispensers and toilet seats, make them feckin tough, the little slide over bolts they install in most cases wouldn't even last on a wendy house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Sounds more like you need to go to better quality clubs. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

laugh wrote: »
    They need some muck-savage who welds tractors back together to make the locks, toilet roll dispensers and toilet seats, make them feckin tough, the little slide over bolts they install in most cases wouldn't even last on a wendy house.

My old man used to weld tractors back together for a living. Wouldn't be cheap mind you!

It used to be embarrasing going around shops and markets with him as a kid when he would 'test out' merchandise in front of the seller and deride them to their face if their merchandise didn't pass his test.

I always laugh and think of him when I see those 'if you break it, you bought it' signs. His take on it was 'If I break it, you have insulted me by having substandard goods for sale'.

He's a bit anti-drink so I dunno if he would make the objects you require though.

I hear your plight. God knows you pay enough in there so you are entitled to expect maintenance on facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

As someone else said it is to stop people doing coke, smoking or riding in the cubicles. Also allows bouncers easy entry if there is anything untoward going on.

My recommendation is lay off the pear bulmers, who takes a sh!t in a nightclub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I would have said it's in case people pass out in the cubicles - just so that they can be taken out of there without trying to break the door down on top of them. And also the sex and drugs aspect of it as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

I've been out a lot this year and I have yet to encounter a club in which the locks on the toilet cubicles actually worked

Well I've never heard of anyone trying to steal a Sh*te before ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It gets even more complicated if for whatever reason you didn't want to or couldn't use the urinal and have to pee in a cubicle - much harder to keep it closed when you're standing with your back to the door. And if some moron tries to open it and rams you in the back with the door while you're doing your business... Messy.
    Why not just leave the door open if you're only taking a leak? Still more privacy than the urinals, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Broken locks on jack's doors? You may want to assume the "Superman Sh!t" position

Hovering over the bowl, keks around legs with one hand out to stop the door if someone tries to push it in.

Not your finest moment - by a long shot.

I have a feeling you've played Superman before without even knowing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Has anybody ever been to the Front Lounge pub on Parliament St in Dublin? There are no locks on the cubicle doors. Never have been. I always find it really strange. You would need to be a contortionist to have a dump and keep your hand on the door at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Anyway, I normally take a dump in the ladies bogs in my local as they're usually cleaner and have a functioning lock...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

The Front Lounge is a gay bar isn't it?

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

The Front Lounge is a gay bar isn't it?

Hmmm...

Its a conspiracy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

If you have ever had to go over the top of a door because some witless retard passed out in a cubicle you will understand.

About 70% of the clubs i worked in had all the locks broken, and about 30% of those locks were broken by me putting the door in the get some retard out at closing time. Not all clubs have head room, or even decent locks that can be opened from the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Count yourself lucky to have a cubicle, I was in a pub in before where there was no cubicle around the bowl and a urinal 4 feet away on the wall, and it wasnt as if there was a cubicle there before because the wall had no markings or fixings. Nearly sure it was in some part of Leitrim we stopped there on the way home from a National League game in Ballybofey.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

It's one of the reasons women go to the bathroom in pairs. So one can hold the door for the other if necessary.

Other reasons include chatting,sneaking drink and fixing one another's hair.

And of course, as all men know, for hot make out sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nuggles wrote: »
    And of course, as all men know, for hot make out sessions.

Ugh no! Not in the bathrooms.

That's what sleepovers are for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Count yourself lucky to have a cubicle, I was in a pub in before where there was no cubicle around the bowl and a urinal 4 feet away on the wall, and it wasnt as if there was a cubicle there before because the wall had no markings or fixings. Nearly sure it was in some part of Leitrim we stopped there on the way home from a National League game in Ballybofey.

There it is see. There is your problem, right there.

Advertisement