Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO questions

Options
  • 20-07-2009 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

On the CAO website it says;

Round Zero: Offer Date: 31st July, 2009 from 06:00 Reply Date: 6th August, 2009 by 17:15
    In early August there may be a small number of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not awaiting current year examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, e.g. mature applicants.

I'm not waiting results
    . Does this mean I would be offered my place during this round? What if I don't get offered a place on this round? Could I in Round 1 or 2?

Comments

That depends: Round 0 is only for certain mature students and other students who get in without using the CAO system.

Did you sit your Leaving Cert. before and are you just using those results again? If so, you'll get your offer at the same time as ever other student, i.e. Round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Round Zero is for FETAC PLC students, mature students and students who deferred their college place the previous year. Once those places have been allocated the remainder is allocated in Round 1. So if you applied with one of the above it will be Round 0, if you applied with LC results from this year or a previous year it will be Round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scab

Hi,
    I got offered a place at college today. I only had two courses chosen as I only done foundation maths in my leaving cert and therefore had very little choice of courses which i could apply for. I did a plc course last year as I was too late to apply to the college. The Course I done was Art, Craft & Design and then I applyed for Graphic Design and Creative Digital Media. My offer came this morning with an asterisk beside Graphic Design which means I wont get an offer for this course, and I got offered a place in Creative Digital Media. I accepted the offer on-line but now I was studying the offer and instead of the code AACDX for the plc course they have RAXXX. If I contact them now am I likely not to get the place that I've been offered.

Advertisement