Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush Survivor guy...Truth or ?

Options
  • 19-07-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Been keeping an eye on that news story about that fella from the UK somewhere who claims to have been lost in the Aussie out back for 12 days.

What ya think? Does any one smell a rat?

Are there no real life "Lie to me" types who can answer the question for the rest of the world?

Is he telling pork pies? 30 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No
    33% 10 votes
    Not sure/IDRC
    66% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I reckon he's genuine, if it's a fraud,for being inventive , he deserves to make any money due with the movie and book deals that are sure to follow, recessionary times and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

12 days? Is that a big deal? I was expecting years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think he's just a prat that got lost =/

And his idiot dad apparently defaced monuments within the park by inscribing memorials of his son on them :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Haven't heard about this before.

Linkies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

12 days is rubbish - hell I've been lost in my room for longer than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nisroc

An File wrote: »
    Haven't heard about this before.

Linkies?

Sorry. Plenty out there.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090719/wl_afp/australiabritaintourismmissing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Don't see why he'd lie. At least he could have claimed it was a few weeks or monthes , rather than 12 days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nisroc wrote: »

Seems genuine, especially with the time spent in hospital and the local police corroborating with his descriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

think he's just a dumbass tbh!but what struck me about an interview is that his dad seemed angry at his son rather than relieved...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Nisroc wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on that news story about that fella from the UK somewhere who claims to have been lost in the Aussie out back for 12 days.

What ya think? Does any one smell a rat?

Are there no real life "Lie to me" types who can answer the question for the rest of the world?

Hard to know. He looked a bit better than might be expected - I would have thought he'd be a bug banquet and burnt to fuck as well. Then again, Australia appears in my brain as it did in "Skippy" so its not like I actually have a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think he's a pirate and his hidden his treasure out there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nisroc

I'm thinking he is not lying myself but the old spider'sense is tingling over this lost note book that has been mentioned by himself on the sky news exclusive. Wrote a lot of goodbye letters in it. Bit weird that you could lose something like that unless you rolled down the side on a mountain or fell into a river.

But in a broader query are there really "Lie to me" types out there who could see that the twitch of his fifth left eyelash hair on the left eye means he is lying?

Link for those confused...

http://www.fox.com/lietome/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie_to_Me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Oops, I voted yes by mistake.

If he was going to lie he might as well make up something a little more impressive than 12 days. Granted I wouldn't want to spend 12 days in the out back, but its not the most amazing survival story I've heard.

If Into The Wild was a true story it would be pretty epic. Actually wait no, he dies in the end. Never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Police have backed Neale's story, interviewing him at length after his rescue and saying his descriptions of areas he had walked through and slept in checked out.

Would have to say yes atm, if the police are backing his story.

But still thinking though, if we will hear a different story in a few days/weeks time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Admittedly I haven't read the news stories about this guy but still.....

..... who cares? He got lost, now he's found. What does he think he is? A sheep in the new testament or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Admittedly I haven't read the news stories about this guy but still.....

..... who cares? He got lost, now he's found. What does he think he is? A sheep in the new testament or something?

He could be pulling the wool over our eyes, now you come to mention it.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

but what struck me about an interview is that his dad seemed angry at his son rather than relieved...?

And rightly so. The stupid moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

That guy just pisses me off. He managed to get lost in the Outback, apparently because he forgot his phone, and sparked a million pound rescue. He turns up, and Sky News treat him like a hero. I was watching it today (forgive me), and they went to the outback to retrace his steps and he was telling them what fruit and nuts he ate and all that. Anything for a news event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Watch Sky "News" and that is the **** you should expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I know yeah. But still like. It's completley over the top.

• Advertisement
Advertisement