Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Careless Thing You've Done?

Options
  • 19-07-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

OK, so this week I did something sliiiiightly thick - I'm going to see Michael Mcintyre in October with 5 mates and I got 'volunteered' to book them.

That's grand my mom says, "It's nice that you're going out properly now - all grown up".
    "Yeah yeah it's great, where's your card?" So I go and get her card from her handbag (with her permission!).

Log onto ticketmaster or whatever, look at a few different seats available and finally settle on some. 'Next', 'next', 'next' I click, not paying complete attention to what anything said. Confirm the order and go to enter the card details, it's all fine.

Confirmation email comes through -£480. 'Ah a bit much, but it is 6 tickets after all'. Go in to see mom and tell her I've booked them. "How much" says she; "Bout £480"... she screams.
    "Erm no, sorry, not that much,, a hundred and something." Mom's very suspicious now, I'm bricking it.

I look at the email again - I managed to book 14 tickets instead of 6.
    I call up the company; "I've just done something really stupid.. can you help?" All sorted now, but my god, what a stupid/careless thing to do.

Tl;dr: Accidently booked 14 tickets to a show instead of 6 on mom's credit card.

Another thing: If you're going to call Mary Magdalene "Jesus' bitch" in an RE lesson, check the teacher's not behind you.

So anyone else have any other examples?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I clicked on a link to a really tedious thread, feeling awful about it now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

:(:(
    An File wrote: »
    I clicked on a link to a really tedious thread, feeling awful about it now... :pac:

That's another one to add to the list then? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭KieranKennedy

God, and I thought I was bad! All I did was have unprotected sex, and get my gf pregnant. Then when the baby was born, I left it in Lagos airport. Haven't seen him since, presume he is having the craic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

With me, it's generally beed getting fingers cut in various woodworking machinery, plus almost getting scalped when my long hair got caught in a spinning lathe.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Oh man loads of things with teachers, I got into a rant and started swearing and shouting like a drunk sailor one day with the most evil teacher ever behind me. I realised this and immediately did the mature thing - tried to hide. But I hid in the wrong classroom, so when the bell rang, it was matter of wits. Would she crack and go to her class, or would she come in and get me, or would it be a waiting game? Of course, as luck would have it, she waited and then the class who occupied the classroom started coming in and if I didn't hurry I'd be late. I had to go out and face the angry in-my-face screaming about my "foul language". **** sake.

Just last week, I was going for a swim. The pool was full of kids from a Gaeltacht playing with a ball, like, about 40 of them. The ball bounced onto the the side of the pool which I was walking across. Me being an awesome footballer and natural hero, I went to kick the ball back into the pool.
    By now the entire pool was watching me, waiting anxiously for the ball. It was my moment to shine. The ball bounces up to my waist, and me being an awesome footballer and incredible idiot, I jump in the air. In mid air, I realised my mistake, my foot missed the ball, and my other foot landed on the pool deck and I slipped and lamped myself. There was a large sigh of people going "ohhhhhhh" in the pool and a couple of lads turning away to **** themselves laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

galwayrush wrote: »
    With me, it's generally beed getting fingers cut in various woodworking machinery, plus almost getting scalped when my long hair got caught in a spinning lathe.:o

I did some serious damage to my finger with a blender. Worst thing was right before I put it in there I thought "I should plug this out...na, how thick would I have to be to hit the button while my finger was in there?" :pac:

Last year I used to live in an apartment complex with a laundry room downstairs. There was a secretaries office and security guards in the evening. One saturday morning, in my Pjs, I was nipping down to put a wash on, didn't bother getting dressed coz the place was deserted at weekends "So sure who'll see me" When I went to go back up to my apartment I realised I'd also not bothered to bring my wallet (with the keycard in it), or my phone with me. So I had to walk ten minutes to my friends house in PJs and no shoes and wait for the security guard to come on and let me in (I was there for about seven hours!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

An File wrote: »

Well if thats the worst thing you ever done...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I once respected a person before finding out if they liked shyte comedians first

Michael Mcintyre? Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I am always leaving my bunch of keys in the door overnight, car keys on them too, i've been really bloody lucky

left the roof of the car down today, was about 10 mins before i noticed it was pissing outside :(

phasers wrote: »
    I once respected a person before finding out if they liked shyte comedians first

Michael Mcintyre? Jaysus

He's English and slightly gay - I feel we have something in common...

But **** it; you respected me? Ah more fool you mr phasers, I'm a twat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

brummytom wrote: »
    He's English and slightly gay - I feel we have something in common...

But **** it; you respected me? Ah more fool you mr phasers, I'm a twat :D
    Twattiness is necessary to succeed in AH. You were doing well boy.

*shakes head slowly and walks away*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I forgot to produce my license when stopped by a newbie garda one night.

phasers wrote: »
    Twattiness is necessary to succeed in AH. You were doing well boy.

*shakes head slowly and walks away*

Nooo! Noooooo.. Phasers don't leave; you were the first person to be nice to me on here :P

Ah well I get to see Michael Mcintyre so bollocks to you all *mwahahahaha*

Advertisement