Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - blueface, cisco router

Options
  • 19-07-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Anyone managed to setup Blueface with the UPC Cisco EPC2425?? - is this piece of kit an all-in-one - modem,wireless router and ATA??? - either way I have a netgear TA612 ATA to hook up to it. Anyone done this yet and the problems encountered??

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It is a combined cable modem and router, with an ATA for UPCs own VoIP system. In order to get your ATA to work behind this router, you'll need to give your Netgear ATA a static IP and then forward the relevant ports to that IP address.

The manual for the Cisco is here, page 30 on describes how to forward ports.

Don't have the new one to play around with, so can't guide you through it. I only have the older Scientific Atlanta box so apologies I can't be of more help! Hope this helps anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭davemc

Thanks for thre advise Kensington - set it up the other day for a friend. Running sweet. Exceptional call quality I have to say - although it would be great to be able to utilise the inbuilt ATA within the Cisco to save on adding the other ATA but I've been told it's effectively been locked down to UPC - pity really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is there no way to reflash the router with generic firmware?

Advertisement