Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alterations dublin

Options
  • 19-07-2009 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey there,
    I'm new to this site but I use it a lot for research before purchasing etc. so I thought I'd throw out a current pressing matter!
    I'm wondering if anyone has been to an alterations place in blackrock studio 54 i think it's called. Just wondering if it's any good or if anyone has had bad experiences from the place. Also while I'm at it anyone from around Malahide direction wondering if you know of anyone that does alterations there also. I appreciate your time

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

The Zip Yard on 8-9 Upper Abbey Street is by far the best place i have came around..They even send you a text message when your garment is finished..
    Worth a shot..
    Tel: 01-8047419

www.thezipyard.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I second that, got my flares fixed in the zip yard for 4 yo-yo's.
    handy cos i work really close to town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blackrock1

That one in blackrock is very expensive studio 54. Most expensive i have come across.There is a good one in stillorgan on the hill - snip & sew or Des Byrne on grafton street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 needtodiet

Not too far away from blackrock is the best find ever. I stumpled across a lil gem and i've been telling everyone about it since. The Zip Yard is near the people's park end just opposite walters pub and poppies. i cant remember the number of it now but its fab in there and they are just brilliant and so cheap. i used to pay 15euro to shorten my jeans and in this place they are just 10euro and very quick. defo worth going in there to see the set up/price list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 needtodiet

sorry just googled the place to give details
    its the zip yard dun laoghaire 59 upper georges street www.thezipyard.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 queencurragh

Zipyard Dun Laoghaire was recommended to me, i got my debs dress altered.they did a quick and fantastic job and did it on the same day. def will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

At this Zip Yard place do you wear the item and get them to pin it etc. to the right fit, or do you have to go in and just tell them to take off X amount of inches off the length?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 queencurragh

zipyard Dun Laoghaire have 3 fitting rooms and u go in and the lady at the counter will pin ur garment and I think they have a one hour service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mo Chuisle

Des Byrne on Grafton Street is brilliant, got a dress taken in from a size 14 to probably a 10 and he did a great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sweetsuzi

i also visited Zipyard Dun Laoghaire to get curtins shortned and i also got my dresses altered. The lady at the front desk is very very helpful.The shop is clean,bright and spacious. Will be back..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 grumpy old woman

I've used Tailoring Co. Barbara Kosznik in Dun Laoghaire several times, always with great results. The reception staff are very helpful and the service fast and well finished. I notice that other customers seem to know the staff well, which means they must be regulars. They wouldn't come back if they weren't happy with the service.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please do not open two year old threads. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement