Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25th birthday party

Options
  • 18-07-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Discussing this with my gals when we were out last night. Is having a 25th bday party too "hi look at me"

the girls raised some interesting points, i didnt really enjoy my 21st as my pregnant sister started a fight cos she was a bag of hormones, and i never had an engagment party even though ive been engaged 5 years so in a way it could be a "25th/4th annivsery of my 21st/engagment party"

What do people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Why not just have a birthday party? Forget about the age, your friends know that! Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

5 years is a long time to be engaged. Why haven't you guys tied the knot yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Don't see the point of birthdays myself.

They are nearly always "look at me events"...if you throw one yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

normally ...its down to personal preference....majority of people stop celebrating after 21 (unless its a number that ends in zero or retirement 65)

personally I dont celebrate birthdays - I had the obligatory 21st (because everyone else wanted a party), I went out with the lads on my 18th ..... I turned 30 this year - didnt even bother going out.

yet - 3 of my friends had a joined 30th (all their birthdays are within a week).

if you want to celebrate it ..... go for it !! ..... after all its your birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I loved my 21st, got enough money to take me to Amsterdam for the first time.

25 is too old for such a celebration, its a right of passage into self dependance =p

& you're not engaed until you set a date for a wedding.. more like preliminarily reserved

*hides

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

TheZohan wrote: »
    5 years is a long time to be engaged. Why haven't you guys tied the knot yet?

because i dont wanna be one of those couples who feel the need to get married because we have been together long enough. My sisters engaged 13 years go hassle her:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

listen "dude", have a party "mate"

mink_man wrote: »
    listen "dude", have a party "mate"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Birthday parties are for children.

then you should come...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Don't think you should bother with a party - the hassle of trying to organise one etc.

Just organise a night out with your friends and let them buy you drinks for the night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

ah yeah because we all hate those kids at the 21st and 40th birthday parties:rolleyes:

I know she was pregnent but that's terrible about your 21st, whether you decide to go out/ have a party or just chill that night i hope you enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ya should just go inta town.. no point in wasting an opportunity for free drinks for a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gav240

Ya should just go inta town.. no point in wasting an opportunity for free drinks for a night.

feckin bum

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Discussing this with my gals when we were out last night. Is having a 25th bday party too "hi look at me"

the girls raised some interesting points, i didnt really enjoy my 21st as my pregnant sister started a fight cos she was a bag of hormones, and i never had an engagment party even though ive been engaged 5 years so in a way it could be a "25th/4th annivsery of my 21st/engagment party"

What do people think?

You got engaged at 20??????????????????????????????? Is it an arranged marriage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A quarter of a century old. It's a tough one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Just have a party if you want to. 25 isn't a particularly milestone age but it doesn't really matter. If you have enough mates, rent out a section of a bar. If not, go to dinner somewhere. Or do both. I don't know. What I do know is though, you're starting this thread to be a happy birthday whore.

Happy Birthday! ;)

Advertisement