Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Copenhagen vs Hamburg?

Options
  • 18-07-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi - I have a 4 day trip to Copenhagen this week. Flying via Hamburg and getting the train to Cope, so will be staying in Hamburg at least 1 night. Anyone got an opinion of nightlife / bars / social activities in Copenhagen versus Hamburg? Which one would be better for nightlife / craic? Was planning 3 nights in Cope and 1 in Hamburg, would I be better spending a bit more time in Hamburg? Also any recommendations for cheap beer spots in Cope welcome.

TIA.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hamburg is pretty wild, a fair bit more lively than Copenhagen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

copenhagen not the best fun city,i'd aim to spend as much time in hamburg as possible. whatever you do dont bother going to see the little mermaid statue.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Hamburg ftw, lot more fun and cheaper as well. Reeperbahn is where the fun is at, check out the bars around Hans Albers Platz and along Hamburger Berg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have been in both for 3 to 4 nights in the past year.

Hamburg is mental and you can get pretty good value for money. Copenhagen is a lot more reserved and quite expensive.

Both a certainly worth the visit though.

Advertisement