Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design For Stage & Screen - Make-Up

Options
  • 18-07-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

This was the course I had my heart set on. It sounded oh-so-perfect and I loved the college when I went to the Open Day. The only problem I had was travel.. It'd be about 2-3hrs every day..up and back.. :( That added to a severe lack of time to put together my portfolio equalled me not applying.. BUT, I'm taking this time to create so I should have a spiffy collection of work to apply with year.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is to see how others taking the course like it? From my understanding, there's 30 places.. so 10 on the Make-Up route.. How's it going? It really sounds ideal for me so I just want to see how others are enjoying it.

Also, is anyone else living a considerable distance from the college. I fear that that much travel would become tedious and could result in me hating my course since it would be the reason for the hours on trains and busses.. Is that the case for anyone else?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Hi Sarah Louise

You won't get any meaningful replies till after the course starts in September. Maybe bump the thread then.

Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

If travel is a problem, you might consider renting a place closer to the college. A girl in my class is from Wexford and travelled to and from IADT for the first few weeks... now she rents and it's a whole lot easier on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sarah Louise

atgate wrote: »
    Hi Sarah Louise

You won't get any meaningful replies till after the course starts in September. Maybe bump the thread then.

Cheers

:DYeah.. clever girl that I am, I only remembered that important fact after logging off the computer.. Thanks, I'll bump it in a few months :p

Yeah, travel might be an issue.. If I succeed in getting a place I'll see how things go. Atm I'm not ready to move out on my own, but things could be totally different in a year.

Thanks for the fast replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

A year is a long time :-)
    my usual advice applies, do your best to make the open day to meet the lecturers and current students. Always worth it.
    I'll make sure to shout about when the open days are happening. Doh! Just read that you've already been to the open day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sarah Louise

Yup, I went earlier this year but I shall make another appearance. I have to try a different route, work out the quickest way :p.. a lot of trains and busses involved..

Thanks for the shout-out-ness:D
    I should be much more prepared to apply next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hi,

This was the course I had my heart set on. It sounded oh-so-perfect and I loved the college when I went to the Open Day. The only problem I had was travel.. It'd be about 2-3hrs every day..up and back.. :( That added to a severe lack of time to put together my portfolio equalled me not applying.. BUT, I'm taking this time to create so I should have a spiffy collection of work to apply with year.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is to see how others taking the course like it? From my understanding, there's 30 places.. so 10 on the Make-Up route.. How's it going? It really sounds ideal for me so I just want to see how others are enjoying it.

Also, is anyone else living a considerable distance from the college. I fear that that much travel would become tedious and could result in me hating my course since it would be the reason for the hours on trains and busses.. Is that the case for anyone else?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

I wouldn't waste all that time on a degree course if you want to become a film/tv make-up artist. I would strongly suggest looking at doing a course at London College of Fashion. A degree in make-up is useless as you will still be a trainee once you graduate. I honestly don't know why they've done this with the make-up course in DL.

Advertisement