Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTOWN OR INCHYDONNEY???

Options
  • 18-07-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Not great at reading wave condition ect..
    I think conditions look good tomorrow what time and place would people recommened for beginners???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

inchydoney @ 3pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

gerk86 wrote: »
    inchydoney @ 3pm :)

sounds like a date :p

... i kid.

is there a site that has a specific breakdown of these beaches or is it just taking the forecast for all of cork on sites like msw and interpreting what it will be like for the different beaches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

No specific breaksown but if you look at the beach in question and see its orientation,then check MSW and check the wind/swell direction you should get a good idea of it.I use the Gtown text alert a bit,its pretty good and gives a good idea of what things might be like.Has failed me but in general a pretty good service.
    Leave it as late as possible to check though as things change.
    Nothing worse than travelling all the way to find flat water.

40-45 mins from east cork to garretstown to find glass is pretty stressful,done it 2 days running when it supposedly should have been a bit good.:mad::mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 soccfc

Heading down in an hour or so

Cant decide between Inchydoney or Gtown, anyone have any idea which would be better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

Inchydoney people like to diss gtown, having not been to inchydoney i won't get upset about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 _kier_

been to both everytime i been to inchedonney its been too calm i like it in the way it give you a chance to catch ur breath and gives u time to get a wave where gtown can be wayyyy to rough altogether!!!! for experienced people def gtown i think but for people like me ha inchedonney unless ur up for gettin good waves and been battered around!!!

Advertisement