Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image of Shuttle Docked with ISS

Options
  • 18-07-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭

The image in the following forum link was taken by Dutch ISS imager Ralf Vandebourg last night. The shuttle is visible docked to the middle section of the Space Station. Bottom right of middle section. Atmospheric turbulence meant this shot wasn't as sharp as some of his best work. Gives you an idea of the scale of the space station compared to the Shuttle. ie. Its MASSIVE! :D

http://tinyurl.com/mlc4vv

Remeber, this image was taken with a 10" back yard Telescope and hand tracked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I see nothing??
    Edit:It's an attachment

Quite cool to see the actual shape of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I see nothing??
    Edit:It's an attachment

Quite cool to see the actual shape of it!

click on attachments

looks like out of focus lights...could be anything TBH (conspiracy theory - could all be fake :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

PCPhoto wrote: »
    click on attachments

looks like out of focus lights...could be anything TBH (conspiracy theory - could all be fake :eek: )

Aye,I noticed that,hence the edit :pac:

Don't mention conspiracy theories here,There's a forum for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Calibos wrote: »
    The image in the following forum link was taken by Dutch ISS imager Ralf Vandebourg last night. The shuttle is visible docked to the middle section of the Space Station. Bottom right of middle section. Atmospheric turbulence meant this shot wasn't as sharp as some of his best work. Gives you an idea of the scale of the space station compared to the Shuttle. ie. Its MASSIVE! :D

http://tinyurl.com/mlc4vv

Remeber, this image was taken with a 10" back yard Telescope and hand tracked.

Great stuff Calibos,have to say the orbiter was clear to me,had never seen one taken by earthbound telescope before.
    May,be the begrudgers just like to complain rather than study and learn:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

click on attachments

Fair enough, You're not impressed by something 100 metres wide being Photographed from the ground 400 miles away in space by a small 10" backyard Telescope. It is indeed a conspiracy by NASA. They didn't put a real Space Station up there. Its a fake cardboard one used to shield the UFO hidden behind it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 barr toco

I think its a cool image,

for someone to be able to take that through a telescope from earth is

super and I would imagine difficult to do, well done to him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

click on attachments

Oh God...
    Try getting a good image of something over 300 km in the air moving at 17,500MPH through a sea of air with moving your telescope along it's orbit. That'll be fairly impressive.

I envy that fellow's telescope tbh...would love to see such clear images of the ISS in real time as it passes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Calibos wrote: »
    Fair enough, You're not impressed by something 100 metres wide being Photographed from the ground 400 miles away in space by a small 10" backyard Telescope. It is indeed a conspiracy by NASA. They didn't put a real Space Station up there. Its a fake cardboard one used to shield the UFO hidden behind it. :D

LOL :D

Having an 8" Celestron/Newt myself , thats shot is mightly impressive , can you imagine doing THAT yourself , wow , hats off to him

cool pic :cool:

Advertisement