Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackouts

Options
  • 18-07-2009 10:33am

pretty weird feeling gettin them.. i've been awake about an hour and the last thing i remember from last night is finishing my drink in a house in town round 11pm. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

pretty weird feeling gettin them.. i've been awake about an hour and the last thing i remember from last night is finishing my drink in a house in town round 11pm. :(

Classic case of "the fear"! :D
    Ring em and find out what happened, I hate that feeling of not having a clue what went on.

And then let us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Roofies + Secret Butt Sex ftw! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well to help fill in the blanks you made your way to a internet cafe and logged in to Boards. You'd no cash left so you sent me a PM and I drove out to meet you and leant you €100. You tried to drop the hand but we wont talk about that.

Of course there is no record of any of this on here because you deleted your sent PM.

I'm away next week but you can get me the cash when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

it is horrible alright, next few hours/days should bring a few flashbacks.get ready to cringe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I can say I only truly ever was completely lost of memory of a night, and that was when my drink was spiked. All fun and games until you end up being thrown into a taxi, semi-concious and wake up on your doorstep.

I've never blacked out from just drinking on it's own. I've often not remembered a few things, but never complete loss of memory.

• Advertisement

If it happens to me it'll be a degeneration into fuzziness and then a complete blank. Dont think I've ever gone from one drink to not remembering anything at all. Rum is what usually does it for me, a naughty naughty drink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

6th wrote: »
    Well to help fill in the blanks you made your way to a internet cafe and logged in to Boards. You'd no cash left so you sent me a PM and I drove out to meet you and leant you €100. You tried to drop the hand but we wont talk about that.

Of course there is no record of any of this on here because you deleted your sent PM.

I'm away next week but you can get me the cash when I get back.
    So your into meeting up with men who are drunk out of there mind from the internet?

well i found my phone downstairs... screen a little bit feked, blue spot on it. message just after 1am sayin i was in kings head? then there's 3 sent messages at half 2, two of which i wish i hadn't sent. one facebook chat still open to a girl in america that i also wish never happened. but at least i know i was still in town at half 2.. my room stinks of cigarette smoke and i don't smoke or have fags, def wasn't a girl here so i assume one of the lads was here. havn't ventured near my wallet or clothes yet..

such a headache, stomach feels grand tho and my mouth is horribly dry. but i have the next 17 days of work so overall, i feel pretty good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

If you got that drunk, then what the hell are you doing up at 10.30am???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i used to get epic blackouts every time i went out for a session,3/4 total memory loss.my all time classics include waking up in a gym in a school in outside london,(where i'd been climbing (and fell) on the gym ropes),coming out of a blackout on a plane not having realised i'd changed my tickets (i'd somehow lost the boarding card stub and didn't even know where i was flying) and my last blackout was a year ago,i started drinking in the pub downstairs from my new place,i woke up the next day in my old house,that i'd moved out of 4 weeks previously and for where i didn't have keys.
    i haven't drank a drop since.

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    If you got that drunk, then what the hell are you doing up at 10.30am???

i'm awake ages.... i never sleep past 8 cause of bein used to gettin up for work :( i'll crash badly later round 5-6..

wudangclan wrote: »
    i used to get epic blackouts every time i went out for a session,3/4 total memory loss.my all time classics include waking up in a gym in a school in outside london,(where i'd been climbing (and fell) on the gym ropes),coming out of a blackout on a plane not having realised i'd changed my tickets (i'd somehow lost the boarding card stub and didn't even know where i was flying) and my last blackout was a year ago,i started drinking in the pub downstairs from my new place,i woke up the next day in my old house,that i'd moved out of 4 weeks previously and for where i didn't have keys.

wow... :eek: at least i'm in my bed the next morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Its happened me a few times after mad ones, I hate the feeling

They say having them is a good indication of alcoholism =o

have to do it all again tonight aswell.. and i'll probably drink buckie again.

if the ones in work could see me now :D

wudangclan wrote: »

That's hilarious!
    When I get that drunk I go into a sort of Ray Mears survivalist mode where I need to go to bed and nothing will stop me.
    Was at a 21st just outside cork and got into my "I have to go home" mood so left the party to try and get a taxi home... I live in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Its happened me a few times after mad ones, I hate the feeling

They say having them is a good indication of alcoholism =o

Go away out of that, its the sign of a successful night out, sign of victory!!

omahaid wrote: »
    Go away out of that, its the sign of a successful night out, sign of victory!!

exactly, i know i had a good time like.. i just don't know how, where or why.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

have to do it all again tonight aswell.. and i'll probably drink buckie again.

if the ones in work could see me now :D

OP, I see your problem now. By buckie, I'm assuming you mean buckfast?

I used to drink it every weekend years ago and was constantly blacking out. Don't drink it anymore (almost never and stick to the lager) and suprise suprise, no blackouts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

rarnes1 wrote: »

I used to drink it every weekend years ago and was constantly blacking out. Don't drink it anymore (almost never and stick to the lager) and suprise suprise, no blackouts.
    You can blackout on lager, just takes a little effort. I have done this numerous times.

But why would you do that? :confused: What kind of life could you have without buckie?!

• Advertisement

it's a great drink tho... just don't have the tolerance anymore for it and cans before a night out. back in the day, bottle of bo and 6 tins was a given :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

it's a great drink tho... just don't have the tolerance anymore for it and cans before a night out. back in the day, bottle of bo and 6 tins was a given :cool:

Tell me about it.

I call it a bottle of blackout these days ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

A mate once got spiked with ketamine, now that's a blackout and a half. Worst of all it was in a forest near the Glen of the Downs. Doesn't remember a thing from the whole night. Don't think I've ever blacked out, lots of fuzzy bit but nothing too serious.

Tell me about it.

I call it a bottle of blackout these days ! :D

pfft.. please, it's "a bottle of beat the wife"

CHD wrote: »
    You can blackout on lager, just takes a little effort. I have done this numerous times.

You sure? I drink a lot of lager and I can't remember ever blacking out!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

It's a sign you're drinking too much for your system to cope with. Possibly cut down the juice a bit if you're getting frequent blackouts.

It's a sign you're drinking too much for your system to cope with. Possibly cut down the juice a bit if you're getting frequent blackouts.

Now, who here likes a good story about a bridge?

first in ages :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I blackout half the time I drink. I can still hold a perfectly normal conversation with someone but won't remember a thing the next day. In fact most people wouldn't know I was drunk from what I've been told. If a few of us went on a full day's drinking you'd be doing well to get anyone to remember the end of the night. You get used to it.

I'm sure it's just from the pretty much weekly drinking since the age of 12. Because up until the age of about 18 or 19 I wouldn't black out at all. The first few times blacking out would be as many people describe. The fear the next day and you always made a show of yourself. As I said though, now I just come to expect it and I haven't done anything seriously embarrassing in a long time. Other than the 4am boards posts which I only remember after reading. I just have to pretend to a few people that I know what they're talking about from our long conversation the previous night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Blacked out way too many times to remember. :pac: I woke up in a field 10 miles outside Drogheda one time - hadn't a clue how I got there. I was just after moving there and I could have been in Kerry for all I knew. It was a nightmare getting home. :)

Horrible horrible feeling.

Advertisement