Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Aritech CS350 House Alarm

Options
  • 18-07-2009 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have this alarm system installed in my home, it has worked perfectly for the past five years but last month while trying to set the alarm code I recieved this message at the keypad "system busy" and it would not let me set the alarm then and currently the same message is displayed only when I entre the code.

I contacted the guy that installed the alarm and he came to check it out. The alarm system would not let him access the set up either i.e. would not accept the engineers code "this was the first time he's seen this happen" ? and will have to get back to me, but thinks a change of battery at the panel will resolve the problem. This was 4 weeks ago and he's not shown.

As the date and time are still displayed on both keypads I dont think its a battery problem but I'm not sure, so can anyone tell me if they've come across this before / might have a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

try contact Aritech directly, they have office in Tallaght.

phone: 01-4599760

might have to wait until monday, but leave a message if possible.
    keep leaving messages until they respond or drive to their office (if you're in area)

Unit A Taurus Business Ctr
    Greenhills Road
    Tallaght
    Dublin 24

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

Phoned that number, there gone from that address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

is electrical power powering it or is it the battery powering it? I think theres no electrical power powering it. check your fuse box and make sure non are triped.

or

it could be that the battery is gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

PJW wrote: »
    I have this alarm system installed in my home, it has worked perfectly for the past five years but last month while trying to set the alarm code I recieved this message at the keypad "system busy" and it would not let me set the alarm then and currently the same message is displayed only when I entre the code.

I contacted the guy that installed the alarm and he came to check it out. The alarm system would not let him access the set up either i.e. would not accept the engineers code "this was the first time he's seen this happen" ? and will have to get back to me, but thinks a change of battery at the panel will resolve the problem. This was 4 weeks ago and he's not shown.

As the date and time are still displayed on both keypads I dont think its a battery problem but I'm not sure, so can anyone tell me if they've come across this before / might have a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance.

HI PJW,
    the system sounds like it is still set. what you need to do is activate an alarm by means of panic and turn the system off with your code, it should work properly then. it has nothing to do with the battery or main power..
    hope this helps..

altor wrote: »
    HI PJW,
    the system sounds like it is still set. what you need to do is activate an alarm by means of panic and turn the system off with your code, it should work properly then. it has nothing to do with the battery or main power..
    hope this helps..

Did that sort the alarm PJW ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

altor wrote: »
    Did that sort the alarm PJW ?

Hey Altor,

Sorry for coming back only now, the problem came up again (18 months after I changed the battery) just googled the problem and found this post again..... so thanks for your post it has worked just now :)

Edit, just to say I think this happens from power faailures, quite alot where I live.

PJW wrote: »
    Hey Altor,

Sorry for coming back only now, the problem came up again (18 months after I changed the battery) just googled the problem and found this post again..... so thanks for your post it has worked just now :)

Edit, just to say I think this happens from power faailures, quite alot where I live.

Thanks for coming back PJW, good to see it worked for you ;)

You should make sure the battery installed is a 12v 7 amp battery. It will keep the alarm going longer in the event of power failure in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Just be careful when installing the battery as if it's the old cs350 case it will be a tight fit

Advertisement