Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Issue!!!

Options
  • 17-07-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

My friend and i are due to go on a holiday on the 26th! He has sent his passport away for renewal and its due by the 27th!! If we went up to the passport office in dublin is there anyway we could get it faster?!?!?! Urgent advice needed from experienced travellers!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

did he go through the express passport option for the passport ?
    worth a shot... though might have been better to ask before you sent it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Not sure what happens when it is already in the system....but if you go to the passport office with proof of a travel booking they will issue one there and then (will take a few hours).....they are pretty good about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Not sure what happens when it is already in the system....but if you go to the passport office with proof of a travel booking they will issue one there and then (will take a few hours).....they are pretty good about it.

You will need to bring tickets etc with you.

What happens is that they issue a temporary 1 year passport which you subsequently exchange for the other 9 years.

They are reasonably helpful but you should phone them first as they might need to intercept your application form and put a stop on it.

When I did it a few years back I had to have photos plus birth cert plus form etc but that was pre the express passport service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Yes bring the tickets, have the form stamped and signed by the gardai.They are very fussy about the photos nowadays so make sure they are good. I did this earlier this year and while I had to wait they where very helpful. Arrive early and be suitably apologetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just bring your reference number, and your travel tickets

No need for a new application. There's a good chance it'll be ready on time but if not you can pay the extra and they'll get it ready on time

• Advertisement
Advertisement