Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car to cash

Options
  • 17-07-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm thinking of selling my car to merlin motors.They value your car and give you cash for it.Has anyone done this and did they get a good offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I haven't done it but you wont get a good deal - have a look at what they sell the cars for and its much cheaper than the open market. I sold my car recently and was tempted by this as it was an easy option but in the end I sold the car privately for a lot more than they would have given me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

jean48 wrote: »
    did they get a good offer.

Now Im not trying to be a smart arse but what do you think. Hard times that are in it ,this is just a glorified pawn shop for cars. Only if you really really really need the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Try belgardauctions.ie
    they are taking free entries at the moment so you can try the car through an auction at no cost to you

and see the real price of the car @ auction
    you set the reserve or lowest price you'll take.

I'd imagine this price would be a lot better than asking someone to pay up front for the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BigZack

There are a couple of traders out there that might buy for cash if you're desperate. PJ McKenna is probably the biggest. www.pjmckennacars.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

they will give you below auction price for your car. Not a good option for selling a car. Worst case, why not put it through an auction yourself and cut out the middleman. Private sale otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

any update guys? anyone actually sold their car?

I think they're coming to cork on sunday, planning on selling my car anyway so gonna see what price they offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

jean48 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of selling my car to merlin motors.They value your car and give you cash for it.Has anyone done this and did they get a good offer.

Just to relate my experience - I was in there recently (probably a month ago now) looking at a second hand car they had in stock - they offered me €10,000 for my car (06 Golf Plus, 1.6 FSI Sportline, 70,000 km) as a part-ex. (The car I was looking at was €23,000)

I himmed and hawed over the other car and decided I'd prefer something else, so I asked them what they'd give me in cash for the car - €7,500.

It's hard to tell these days, but if I was gonig sell my privately I reckon I'd look for €11,000 and hope to get €10,500. So €3,000 more than they offered me!

Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭horsebox1977

Lower your price and put it up on adverts.ie -
    I sold my car in less than 24 hours -

Advertisement