Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Spanish

Options
  • 17-07-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

I'm interested in sitting Spanish for the LC in 2010. Can anyone tell me how I register to sit the exam, is it done through the CAO or dept of education?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Fair play to you. Spanish is a great LC subject. You need to apply to the dept of education as an external candidate. CAO is only if you want to go on to 3rd level. The State Examinations Commission www.examinations.ie should have instructions on its site. However I would urge to you, no matter what your fluency is, to seek guidance from an LC Spanish teacher. You have 2 exams- The oral in March and the written and listening in June. You have to prepare 5 roleplays for your oral and 1 will be chosen by the examiner in the oral. You also have to write notes, opinion pieces dialogues, etc. You can look at past papers on the website.
    I've spent time in Spain and even though I would consider myself highly fluent my written and grammar can be incorrect at times. Even my Spanish teacher teaches native speakers how to approach the exam. They can help you in the oral to show off what you know, even though you may be fluent in Spanish. Opinion pieces does not go solely on your knowledge of the language, but your ability to express yourself clearly and coherently in Spanish. That's my advice to you. Feel free to PM if you need any info.

Advertisement