Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Fielding - Zombie King!

Options
  • 17-07-2009 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Had to get the Dart to work today, so I had my head buried in The Metro for the whole way in. I read there that Noel is to appear in the largest Zombie gathering.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5846978/Noel-Fielding-in-zombie-world-record-attempt.html

The star of the comedy series The Mighty Boosh is to play the role of the Zombie King in the forthcoming Film4 and Warp Films' production, I Spit On Your Rave.
    Shooting for a key scene in the futuristic film will take place at this year's Big Chill festival at Eastnor Castle Deer Park in Herefordshire.

Organisers have appealed to festival goers to turn up "zombiefied" to the festival on August 6 to be film extras and, in the process, be part of an attempt to break the world record for the largest "zombie walk".

"Zombification stations" will be at hand to provide an undead makeover for those without the necessary fake blood and pale complexion.
    A spokesman for the Big Chill has previously said the biggest official gathering of this kind was set in Nottingham on Halloween last year when 1,227 people donned torn clothes and smeared flour over their faces in the Old Market Square.

The spokesman added that 3,370 are believed to have congregated for such an event in the American state of Michigan last year although he said there are doubts over whether it was officially recorded.
    I Spit On Your Rave is set nine years in the future with mankind extinct after a virus is released at the 2012 Olympics.

A spokesman for the Big Chill festival said: "The apocalypse has happened. Zombies rule the world. Human beings are kept only for food (and sometimes entertainment).
    "But old habits die hard, so once a year the zombies still hold a music festival and this year at The Big Chill Festival Warp Films and Film4 will be recreating this ghastly event.
    "With the Zombie King Noel Fielding presiding over proceedings, its time to come and join the fundead!"
    He added: "Make-up stations will be open all-day, starting as soon as festival goers start to arrive and set up camp.
    "Once the entertainment area opens at 3pm, revellers will only to be able to get into the Open Air Stage field if they are zombiefied.
    "White face make-up and a bit of fake blood will do, but festival organisers would love it if participants could go the whole hog. "There will be zombie-themed DJ sets and other entertainment to keep festival goers in the mood."
    The evening will be crowned by an all night showing of classic zombie films. Other attractions at the four-day festival include Basement Jaxx, former Talking Heads frontman David Byrne and Orbital.

Advertisement