Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heading along to the 'Life of Galileo'

Options
  • 17-07-2009 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭

I'm heading along tonight with one of my mates. Anyone else going to be there? Has anyone been to it already? Is it long/good? Anyone care to post a review?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

I'm thinking of going. Don't have a ticket though. I wonder is it sold out - anybody know?

To be honest, I was really put off going to this because of AI's association with it and I don't want to ring them or use their website to book tickets! Oh well, I'll just chance going along at 6:15. Having read the intro on the DLP website, it's sounds too good to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I was the same, the AI connection put me off. I got added to their mailing list when I booked too which was annoying but I could unsubscribe so that looks to have worked. I'm hoping for an AI/DM spiel free evening though because my friend who's coming along isn't into astronomy at all so she wouldn't be too impressed... come to think of it, neither would I!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thought it was fairly good. Bit long and tedious and I found it difficult to make out some of the dialogue and follow the story-line at times. Having said that though, it was nice to just sit back and reflect on what a genius the man really was and the depiction of Italy 400 years ago was interesting from an historical point of view. Quite funny at times too!

Nice way to spend an evening for a change instead of sitting in traffic or slouching in front of the idiot box!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭squonk

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Thought it was fairly good. Bit long and tedious and I found it difficult to make out some of the dialogue and follow the story-line at times. Having said that though, it was nice to just sit back and reflect on what a genius the man really was and the depiction of Italy 400 years ago was interesting from an historical point of view. Quite funny at times too!

Nice way to spend an evening for a change instead of sitting in traffic or slouching in front of the idiot box!

I agree! I found it hard to follow at times too and the fact I was knackered didn't help either. When we came out though we both agreed it was a great way to spend an evening also. I must look out for more plays at the same venue. It's a good spot.

Advertisement