Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat Ducato 1993 Swift Capri (just bought)

Options
  • 17-07-2009 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi everyone,

My hubby just bought a Fiat Ducato 1993 Swift Capri. The table looks a bit old and he would love to get his hands on a good second hand one.

Does anyone know what direction to direct him to. By the way we live in Longford. But he does not mind travelling a bit either.

Also where is the best place to get it insured. He has a full drivers licence.

Regards N.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

go to dolmen insurance... I found them very helpful and they have a special policy for motorhomes.. cost me 325 for the year as a 37 yo male with clean licence and wife as named driver.. Also inlcudes breakdown cover..

I think the price is the same for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 noel51

Thank you Macspower. I will try them so. Anyone know where I might get table for hubbys camper?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Don't know what your table looks like, but sometimes (esp for older motorhomes) it is easier to take off the hardware from the old table and use that to make a new one out of a suitable table top material, rather than chasing the original new table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

+1

Get a new top on it, easiest way out. Go to a carpenter or someone who fits or makes kitchens, they'll help you.

Dolmen are €325 if its your second car, €630 if its your only car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 noel51

Hi guys thanks for the advice my hubby said he will take it to a carpenter. Cant wait to get this on the road:)
    By the way Peasant I am getting addicted to this website, its so interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 aidanmoor

Hi there,
    There is a company that converts vans to campervans and also does work on campers ,
    not to far from you, in Ballynacarrigy,
    do not have his name or number but head out of Ballynacarrigy towards mullingar,
    and you will see his place on the right hand side i think it about 6 miles,he normally has a motorhome or two for sale out side,

Advertisement