Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help :( New laptop, Vista on it, IE totally frozen even after reboot

Options
  • 17-07-2009 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got this new Dell Laptop a couple of months ago with Windows Vista on it, I never had any problems, however yesterday I downloaded a file convertor from download.com (it was a very popular software with millions of downloads already), in the middle of the download something went wrong and I decided to stop the download....at that point Internet Explorer froze and since then there has been no way for me to fix it. Usually with XP it was enough to restart the machine and everything would work fine, but not now :(

And if I use Google Chrome to try and download IE or Mozilla again it tells me that it will take 1+ day to do so :eek:

Any idea of what can I do?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

I don't know an awful lot about computers, but I would uninstall the download, or restore your computer to just before you downloaded it. Probably the first one and see if that works.

Am having trouble with a few bits on my comp myself - if I close a tab in IE ALL the tabs close "Internet Explorer is not Responding" comes up - really annoying I can tell ya! :(

Advertisement