Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera Issues

Options
  • 17-07-2009 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I've recently started getting this annoying problem. I notice its whenever I go on digg.com and go to some links from that.

The problem anyway is that the mouse flickers and disappears if not moved. It goes away after a while but it causes the browser to perform poorly compared to what it should be.

Another issue is when I'm on soundcloud.com, which is a script heavy site to be fair, the performance of the browser grinds to a halt to the point where I can't watch another video from youtube.

Anyone had any similar issues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 redox

Just did a quick check..I went to Digg and clicked through a few random links without any problems...works fine.

Soundcloud does seem to be quite resource intensive though:eek: Youtube videos seem choppy when both are opened simultaneously. (EDIT: this does not happen with IE8. Seems to be a bug with Opera :( )

What version of Opera are you using? I have 9.63 on this system (laptop).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

When you're browsing sites through digg do you get the digg toolbar at the top? I think that can cause some javascript related performance issues. If you do have the toolbar try disabling it and see if that helps (iirc there's a little drop down near the right of it that lets you switch it off)

Advertisement