Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wmpenc.exe

Options
  • 17-07-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Yup i'm aware it's a windows media related process..
    After updating and it's still running my laptop into the ground (cpu up in 95-100%) Anyone know if there was an issue with windows media player and this? Any patches?
    doesn't seem to happen until around 1 hour of playback then process explorer (procexp) picks up on it and I have to shut down windows media as just ending wmpenc doesn't work.

Ram looks good, ran a few health checks on the laptop (defrag, disc check, anti virus etc)

Cheers in advance

Running XP sp3 on a pentium R 1.7ghz processor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

It is Windows media players encoder. Try disabling WMPs ability to transcode to other formats (Tools>Options>Devices>Advanced) Untick the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I should mention i'm using wmp 11 and the only option there was "allow video files to convert in backround"

This issue seems to happen during standard playback.
    It has also only began recently so could another player/ software be afffecting it? I was thinking plug-ins like windows live so i've disabled them?

Edit:
    I do have foxytunes in firefox connected to it which I *think* got a recent update. Perhaps there is a flaw in the script of it causing it?

Advertisement