Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop-Very Dark Screen

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently turned on my laptop to find the screen is very very dark, at first I thought it was completely black but on closer inspection have noticed it is just very dark. I have attempted altering brightness and contrast thinking it may be that but no luck. Has anybody any pointers? Would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is it like that at the BIOS screen?
    Is it dark on an external monitor?
    Chances are it's a hardware (backlight/inverter) issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

could be the connector has worn down or is broken (cable connecting screen to laptop hard drive/body)...or could be a logic board error (fairly costly)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd say definitely backlight issue, they go fairly regularly

21/25

I've seen the inverter fail more often than the backlight. A replacement inverter shouldn't be too expensive but if it's the backlight you might be looking at replacing the whole screen.

Advertisement