Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper insurance question!

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey all!!
    i have a quick question for ye regarding insurance.
    a friend of mine recently converted a 52 seater jonckheere bus into a camper. he has put an awful lot of money into it, getting it worked on by carpenters, plumbers, electricians etc.
    its looking great but the only problem he is having is, getting it insured.
    does anybody on here know who the best are to talk to about insuring this type of conversion????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Try Dolmen. They only have the standard quote on converted campers up to 4.5l engine capacity, I presume the bus is over 4.5l. I rang them about this once and they said they may give a quote on this too but its not the standard price.

Dont know if Stewarts do this too.

Otherwise ring a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭James Bong 79

thanks alot!! tried dolmen but they wouldnt do it either.:(
    i heard before, that if you got 3 rejections from insurance companies that you could go to some insurance board and they would get you a quote??
    not sure if this is right, does anyone know anything about this??

Advertisement