Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mange 2 Restaurant

Options
  • 16-07-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if 'Mange 2' has closed down or relocated? I was in Wexford last week and noticed an Indian Restaurant has moved in over The Crown where Mange 2 used to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Yes it has

Spice is in there now.... really nice indian, but the food is really, really mild... you have to specifically ask them to add extra chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭poppy123

Hiya, is mange 2 gone or have they just moved? Spice do great food but it would be a shame to see mange 2 gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Mange2 is gone forever....

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

I realise the name of the place is a play on Mangetout, but seriously why would anyone open a restaurant where the first word in the name is "mange"?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭poppy123

As in the french verb to eat - manger, so actually I think it was a good name, shame its gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

Sorry to hear it's gone - always ate there when staying in Wexford. It'll have to be The Yard from now on.

What do people think of The Yard?

I've heard mixed reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I've heard mixed things about it too, but having never eaten in there, i cant tell you for sure. What I do know is whatever Tierney puts his hand to, is usually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

I've only eaten there a couple of time,but I've never been disappointed with the yard.

I'm gonna miss Mange2 though. They used do a ravioli stuffed with pigeon which was beautiful:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I love the food in the Yard. Their jugs of water taste of chlorine though (not their fault, blame the council!) so buy bottled.

I only ate in Mange2 once, years ago, when it was in south main street. Have to say I didnt like it, everything was a bit too faffed about with for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement