Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Frankly Awesome" jazzy/funky movie theme thread (not dial up friendly!).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tomm0

Excellent choices mike65, thank you.

I particularly like the Quincy Jones track and Roy Budd's Black is Beautiful - are the rest of the soundtracks good enough to be worth buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The soundtracks for Dollars and Pelham are worth buying if you can find them, only have odds 'n sods of the rest featured. There is a very nice Roy Budd greatest hits "Buddism" thats well worth getting hold of.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddism-Roy-Budd/dp/B00004YU43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tomm0

mike65 wrote: »
    The soundtracks for Dollars and Pelham are worth buying if you can find them, only have odds 'n sods of the rest featured. There is a very nice Roy Budd greatest hits "Buddism" thats well worth getting hold of.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddism-Roy-Budd/dp/B00004YU43

Thanks mike65, I'll take a look.

I guess it's far too obvious to be suggesting Curtis Mayfield's Superfly to you?
    The 2001 reissue is probably my most played album of the last couple of years.

And it's probably far more soul / funk than jazz / blues, sorry about that (though I reckon there's a fair dose of jazz influence in there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Quincy Jones is fantastic.

I'd also recommend his scores for

Bob And Carol And Ted And Alice
    Enter Laughing
    For Love Of Ivy
    How To Steal A Diamond
    In The Heat Of The Night
    Roots
    The Deadly Affair
    The Italian Job
    The Lost Man