Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet in Limerick/Tipperary

Options
  • 16-07-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've found a very sad looking stray kitten earlier. I've brought her home and given her some food and water but I want to get her to a vet to make sure she's ok. I'm located halfway between Limerick/Tipperary in Pallasgreen and was wondering if anyone could recommend a vet that would be open right now? I don't mind how far I have to drive, within reason.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The best cat vet in the area is Andrea Stuckenberg in Hospital. (She's just outside of Hospital on the Kilteely road.) She looks after all the Limerick Animal Welfare cats and she is an absolute gem - and very reasonable too. She has evening appointments - give her a ring.

Failing that, Mulcair Vets in Cappamore are fine.

Unless your kitten has flu, the most she needs right now is a worm dose and to have her ears checked for mites. And if she's old enough, her first kitty vaccination. Best of luck with her! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Andrea: (061) 383873

Cappamore Vets: (061) 381209

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Thanks a million for that. I spoke to a couple of on call vets who think it will be ok until morning. The poor cat is just skin and bone and very nearly got knocked down earlier by a white van driver who is too impatient to stop. It actually went under the van and I was convinced it was dead. I gave it (I don't know if it is male or female!) some wet food and some water of which it had a tiny bit and now it's fast asleep in a box with some towels and a warm hot water bottle.

I hope the poor thing is ok and pulls through. Even half starved and frightened the cat seems so loving and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Unfortunately it looks like the little cat isn't going to live through the night. It's been here for nearly five hours and in that time it has had barely anything to eat or drink and hasn't been to the bathroom yet. It is no longer alert and just seems to be fading away. It got a few minutes ago and we let it out in case it needed to wee but it just crawled into a bush and yowled and yowled until be picked it up and brought it back in.

We've tried to make it as comfortable as possible but for the most part we are leaving it be so it can do whatever it is it has to do.

Advertisement