Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook..can't access

Options
  • 16-07-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right section.

I used to be able to access Facebook and read what was on it..but not reply. Now it won't even let me sign in. Tried the help sections on it but not getting anywhere.

Tried local library and I can get into it just about but anytime I click on anything e.g. add friend it just comes up with the egg timer icon and stays like that.

Any ideas, I am useless with computers so simple terms cheers.

No problem with Bebo on my computer and I have added Facebook to my trusted sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

That's happened to me a couple times, it could be just facebook doing maintenance (Every so often i find that i can't log in or access certain features because of that)

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Problem is I can't access it at all at any time :-(
    Not a big fan of the site but the people I know (in real life lol) seem to have an allergy to bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Guineapigrescue, part of the answer might come from knowing who you use as an internet service provider. (ISP)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

We use Vodafone mobile broadband I take it that's our ISP (told you I haven't a clue about computer jargon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I asked because Facebook has issues with mobile broadband. Is it one of those USB dongles?

I use 3's USB dongle and Facebook barely works if I'm lucky. It's a known issue. You're not alone to suffer from this.

Someone will come along and post, telling you to get 'proper' internet access. ;)

I don't know if I can offer you a solution, but you should visit the, 'Midband' forum for similar threads and issues.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

• Advertisement
Advertisement