Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets Meal Deal 10euro

Options
  • 16-07-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Was passing by Eddie Rockets in Rathmines today and they had a poster up advertising a meal deal of any burger (except the Double Take), fries and a regular soft drink or shake for 10euro.

I know Eddie Rockets isn't to everyone's taste and that it's pretty darn expensive to begin with, but I think that's a good saving- burgers are usually 6.95-7.45, regular fries are 3.65, a 'soda' is 2.80 or a shake is 3.95 so you could save 5.05euro if this was your regular order.

Don't know if it's available in other branches or there's time restrictions on it- anyone else know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

So the name "Empty Pockets" is fitting. I thought it was a joke, didn't know stuff there was that expensive!

Haven't a clue though, never been there myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fletch123 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's available in other branches or there's time restrictions on it- anyone else know?

Not all branches have it, some branches have it all day Mon-Wed, but some are before 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Last time I went to Eddie Rockets with the kids it was so over priced I could have got a meal in Patrick Guilbaud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

People complaining about the prices in Eddie Rockets pisses me off!

They have a menu.
    On said menu there are prices.
    If you don't like said prices then get up and walk out the fúcking door.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

cruizer22b wrote: »
    Last time I went to Eddie Rockets with the kids it was so over priced I could have got a meal in Patrick Guilbaud.

A meal for one??
    Strange comparison if so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

The-Rigger wrote: »
    A meal for one??
    Strange comparison if so.

I didn't mean that literally, I was exaggerating sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,354 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

They have a menu.

Well said.

Eddie Rockets in Bargain Alerts made me laugh though :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They have a menu.

Yes very true, they even have the menu displayed at the window so you dont even need to go in the door. I dont think they will every lose the empty pockets stigma tho. Personally i would rather pay the bit extra than mcD, or abra and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Fletch123 wrote: »
    Was passing by Eddie Rockets in Rathmines today and they had a poster up advertising a meal deal of any burger (except the Double Take), fries and a regular soft drink or shake for 10euro.

I know Eddie Rockets isn't to everyone's taste and that it's pretty darn expensive to begin with, but I think that's a good saving- burgers are usually 6.95-7.45, regular fries are 3.65, a 'soda' is 2.80 or a shake is 3.95 so you could save 5.05euro if this was your regular order.

I had it it Rathmines a couple of weeks ago. No time restriction printed on the ads in the window, but when you go in, "before 7pm" is written in maker on the back of the window ads! Sneaky...
    Good deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Davy wrote: »
    Yes very true, they even have the menu displayed at the window so you dont even need to go in the door. I dont think they will every lose the empty pockets stigma tho. Personally i would rather pay the bit extra than mcD, or abra and the likes.

Whatever makes you happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Thank for the tip. I love eddie Rockets:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

Nice one fletch. Love eddie rockets. Dont suppose anyones spotted if this is on in tallaght?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

Their salads are excellent and, imo, good value

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The last few times I have used those "2 burgers for 1" vouchers, works out about 25 euro for three ppl which is fine by me.

Also note they have "kids free Tuesdays" but we don't go during weekdays.

Advertisement