Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Holiday

Options
  • 16-07-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I know its quite early to be asking this but i'm a bit clueless about all this.

Basically, my boyfriend is getting laid off from his job in December so for xmas as a gift I want to send him off on a weeks surfing holiday in January sometime.

Im so clueless. Should I be booking something like this early? Do they book out? Where should I book it for? Is there places that do these kinda things in package deals?? If there is should I include his board in the deal or organise for him to bring his own board?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Bundoran in January is likely to push him over the edge:P

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Garry17

Sorry to hear about the Job.

Try a cheap flight with AerLingus to Morocco and google surf camps or accommodation in Taghazout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

All of europe is good in the winter.

How advanced is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

I second Morroco... but no point going somewhere if it's too big for his surfing level. Plenty of surf camps in Portugal to cater for all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

I third morocco! There'll defo be waves at that time of the year over there. I was there last february and it was great! I stayed with surf maroc in Taghazout www.surfmaroc.co.uk, i found them really good

i stayed in their Auberge hotel, it was very cheap, i think it was 235 pounds for the weeks stay, breakfast every morning plus a packed lunch and transfers to and from the surf every day wherever it was working with a moroccon guide. Plus the best restaurant in town is in the hotel. Ive heard great things about their surf villa too, that will book out though so the sooner ya book it the better. Ill be heading back this winter for sure.

How long has he been surfing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Thanks for all your help! I'll definitely look into the stuff in Morocco. He's been surfing for about 6-7 years now. Hes quite good at it, he lived on Straddie Island for a few months in Oz and worked in the surfing hostel there so he was surfing up 3 times a day at one stage. The Morocco thing sounds brilliant!!! Thanks again for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

I'd go with Europe, have heard nothing but good things about Portugal....

IMO Taghazout is a sh*thole. All the local spots are really crowded and the place is filthy and I mean filthy. I've been there 3 times and every time the place is getting worse.....

Advertisement