Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterproof cameras & NVG's

Options
  • 16-07-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there does anyone know where you can get a goood digital waterproof camera video or picture. and also night vision goggles for night surfing also water proof it they are not done already.

the pfoblem is that i nor any of my friends have a credit card so it would have to be in a shop
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do people surf with NVGs?

I would think if its that dark, it isn't safe to surf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Good Man Betterman, you're the Sh*t!!! :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭betterman

yha if u think about it the better waves are at night till roughly about 8 am so to truley get the good waves im prepaired to do whatever it takes becides your not fighting over waves or worrying about children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

I like the way you're thinking Betterman!!:D

Esp. when the best surf is in wintertime. 5pm and its pitch black yet you can still paddle out into punishing double overhead waves and not be seen by anyone doing it.:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Let me know where you're going on your stealth missions - I can harvest the gadgets from your corpse when you get killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Very dangerous territory there betterman, wouldnt advise it myself, you'd be fairly screwed if you get into any trouble out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

NVGs seriously mess with your depth perception. Particularly if they are a pair of the mono-source ones. You would probably be safer (but in no way safe) with a head torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

and also night vision goggles for night surfing also water proof it they are not done already.
    haha you lunatic, dont do it, you'll kill yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭imaleper

Try the digital hero 3 by gopro for a cam...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

betterman wrote: »
    Hi there does anyone know where you can get a goood digital waterproof camera video or picture. and also night vision goggles for night surfing also water proof it they are not done already.

the pfoblem is that i nor any of my friends have a credit card so it would have to be in a shop

Come on, this has to be a piss take, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Come on, this has to be a piss take, right?

He's working hard to get a Darwin Award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Nick in the surf shop in Tramore is selling gopro cameras, there 199euro. 5 megapixel, 1 hours video footage. Can be used for taking photos too! Night time surfing is dangerous for many many reasons. But all to there own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭markY6222

I know cannon make a good waterproof camera now witch costs about 290euro they should have it on their web site.... And in the new Carve magazine they have some in it for advertisement

Advertisement