Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems it IE and message on start up

Options
  • 16-07-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey I posted before but didn't get any responses: Have 2 queries/problems:

1. When starting up my computer, on the desktop a message "Symantec user session has stopped working" always comes up, I select the only option "Close program" and everything's fine. Until I noticed my 2nd problem....

2. Anytime I open IE7, a second tab window opens also direct to a website I use often [I have Windows Vista]. I thought this was a great convenience until I discovered that anytime I close an open tab the whole internet page says "Not repsonding" and closes down - which is REALLY annoying as I've to open them again.

I opened Problem Reports and Solutions from my Control Panel, and there's LOADS: Windows Defender Command Line utility [52], Symantec User Session [114], Internet Explorer [102], CLCapSVC [68] etc...

I'm not using Norton anymore and tried uninstalling it but it won't let me. The window comes up but then says install failed, gathering error information but nothing happens. It looks like it's trying to load something [a little green bar] but nothing happens.

I realise there's no real consistency with these issues and I'm doubtful that anyone can help but it's really bugging [!] me. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Comments

Advertisement