Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a really stupid question but...

Options
  • 16-07-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help me - its probably a really stupid question and will (hopefully) have a simple solution. I ripped a load of songs last night from various CD's onto a Playlist - when I had them all done (over 6 hours worth) I tried to burn them onto a blank disk and the computer kept asking me to 'load a blank disc into E:\' (I definitely had the disc in the E drive before anyone asks!) - I tried three different types of blank discs all which had 'music storage' on them... where oh where am I going wrong?.. would appreciate any advice!!.. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What to you mean exactly when you say they had "music storage" on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

In terms of the media storage it said suitable for DVDs, music storage etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

trustno1 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could help me - its probably a really stupid question and will (hopefully) have a simple solution. I ripped a load of songs last night from various CD's onto a Playlist - when I had them all done (over 6 hours worth) I tried to burn them onto a blank disk and the computer kept asking me to 'load a blank disc into E:\' (I definitely had the disc in the E drive before anyone asks!) - I tried three different types of blank discs all which had 'music storage' on them... where oh where am I going wrong?.. would appreciate any advice!!.. :D
    No you have a DVD writer on your computer?

yeah.. as my brother burns stuff the whole time - and I can't ask him as the playlist is for his surprise party tomorrow night!.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

What software were you using to try and burn?

• Advertisement

Windows media player (I think - sorry I'm a total computer pleb..), I am sure I saw another burn device on the computer though.. would it be worth trying to burn it from a different source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

See if he has something like "Nero" installed on the computer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

By any chance are you trying to burn all 6 hours onto the one disk?

Advertisement