Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Canon 500D Instruction Booklet

Options
  • 16-07-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I just got a Canon 500D, and I'm looking to get the instruction manual in English!

If anyone has one they dont use, I'd love to even borrow it for a while. Or if anyone has it in English but wants it in French/Dutch/German/Italian, I'll do a swop!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

Thanks, but I'm looking for a physical copy. I hate trying to read manuals off the computer, dont want to waste paper printing it out myself or buy one as I know someone out there has a copy they dont use. And I actually like holding a book!

(Probably why I put everyone elses flat-packs together...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

chances are, anyone who has a 500d uses the manual.
    Just print it off. Duplex. Saving the trees and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

stitchlily wrote: »
    Thanks, but I'm looking for a physical copy. I hate trying to read manuals off the computer, dont want to waste paper printing it out myself or buy one as I know someone out there has a copy they dont use. And I actually like holding a book!

you cant be serious....:rolleyes:

Nothing like going to bed with a glass of wine, and the latest instruction manual for your latest gadget...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You'd pick one up cheap on ebay. Can't imagine anyone who's shelled out for the 500D being prepared to hand over their manual for nothing...

Come off it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

And I actually like holding a book!

WTF? I'm trying to relate the 2 together.

I had this problem with my 400d, printed off the manual in work. Instead of the dinky wee manual I had to suffice with the waste of paper and ink that meant every page was A4.

I did suggest borrow or swop!! You never know, maybe someone bought one and it had the English version, but not the Italian they'd prefer....

WTF? I'm trying to relate the 2 together.
    I am always the one to get the video/camera/computer going, always put the flatpack furniture, the childs bikes, etc etc, together for family and friends because no-one I know, reads the blurb that comes with it. And since it usually comes in lots of different languages these days it tends to be in book or booklet form rather than a simple piece of paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I am always the one to get the video/camera/computer going, always put the flatpack furniture, the childs bikes, etc etc, together for family and friends because no-one I know, reads the blurb that comes with it. And since it usually comes in lots of different languages these days it tends to be in book or booklet form rather than a simple piece of paper.

Applause : the silence is deafening

Advertisement