Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CSI New York RTE 2 15 July 2009

Options
  • 16-07-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

First off I'd just like to say that I'm a great fan of the 3 CSI programs but I had to laugh at lsat night's episode of CSI New York. There was an Irish man by the name of Finn Wexford who played hurling for a club in New York and, for an Irish man, he had a very strong Scottish accent. There was even Irish spoken in the program but it was subtitled. The American TV/movie industries always seem to have a problem distinguishing between Irish and Scottish accents. Did anyone else see this episode ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

They did to be sure. To be sure.

Shocking bad to have a Scotsman playing an Irishman in a show that already has several genuine Irish connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

it was so cringeworthy - I do love CSI NY - the best of the three, but the Irish accents and the little bit of Gaelge which they threw in was desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Watched this last night, twas gas. "camán agus sliotar". we were in pisses laughing, you think they would have sought out a genuine irish actor, with an actual irish accent. and why couldnt they say hurleys?

Advertisement