Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time job wanted!!!!!!

Options
  • 16-07-2009 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

hello does anyone know if there is any part time jobs available in limerick city or county at the moment? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

hello does anyone know if there is any part time jobs available in limerick city or county at the moment? thanks in advance

Asking here is not going to magically help you!!!! Similar recent thread about this too you know.

Do the rounds in the city/county/shopping centres even where jobs are not been advertised. Ask for the manager only. Do not judt go handing a CV into the staff as i know from experience it will be put somewhere/lost/not seen by the manager.

Check Fas.ie and Jobs.ie daily and go to the places where jobs are been advertised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Also it helps to answer your goddamn phone if you apply for a job with only a phone number listed on your CV.

Use spellcheck on your CV.

I saw some shocking stuff recently. Not surprised they were unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

your post could be more specific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

old boy wrote: »
    your post could be more specific.

i just finisged 6yh year and im going to college in september and i want a part time summer job that i can hopefully hold onto when i go to college a job in a shop wpould suite me the best as i have previous experience in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

RonMexico wrote: »
    Also it helps to answer your goddamn phone if you apply for a job with only a phone number listed on your CV.

Use spellcheck on your CV.

+1.

Oh yes. Check spelling, grammar and punctuation. Even better, get someone else to go over your CV before you send it out.
    Most of the CVs I receive are, quite frankly, ****e.

Don't do what some eejit did on Facebook and post a comment in txtspk on my brother's site asking them if I could get them a job. Do you really think that some random post on boards.ie is going to work? It is going to take a lot more effort than that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you're hired! start Monday, bring a packed lunch.

Do people think that posting on boards.ie is really gonna help get em a job!?!?!

Not gonna get hired through posting on here and any jobs people might post about are ones many will have already apllied for.

Instead of posting on here GET OUT AROUND. You need to meet/greet manager, make an impression, have a good CV, show balls and confidence.

Jeez!!!!!

i said does anybody know if there is jobs available at the moment..... i wasnt asking anyone to give me a job so read what people say in future and dont go on a big trip about it ye bunch of muppets................. theres no harm in covering the internet awell as going around to shops

jeeeezzz!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

i said does anybody know if there is jobs available at the moment..... i wasnt asking anyone to give me a job so read what people say in future and dont go on a big trip about it ye bunch of muppets................. theres no harm in covering the internet awell as going around to shops

jeeeezzz!!!!

Thats how not to get a job!!

If you slag off people why should they bother helping you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

jeeeezzz!!!!

wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

jeeeezzz!!!!

Well that was unreasonable. Wont get a job with that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You seem have those bad qualities employers absolutely despise.

I can only imagine you would be very unreliable. There is no smoke without fire.

*Awaits Mods - Bye Bye OP.

zuroph wrote: »
    you're hired! start Monday, bring a packed lunch.

jeeeezzz!!!!

I like you kid, you've got balls. Have a raise!

Well you kinda were, OP? You didn't even say what kind of job you were after, what experience you had, or anything like that, so how can anyone give you a heads-up on what jobs are floating around.
    We're not mind readers, like :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

This thread is awesome.

zuroph wrote: »
    I like you kid, you've got balls. Have a raise!

Im surprised you didn't offer the boss's daughter ;)

good news everyone i got offered a job today and i accepted it of course..... i would just like to thank everyone on boards for helping me gain such a high position within a firm and a further thanks to all the boards people who stuck with me through thick and thin i shall remember you when im at the top.............................. and i may even employ you, imagine that, it would be such a privilege for you to clean such a high standing member of societies pool.... sounds good eh???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

You're welcome. I would be honoured to, some day, work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Spit it out,wheres the job

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

I think he's just been elected mayor of sarcastica.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well he certainly won't be employed in anything that requires proper spelling and punctuation. :cool:

good news everyone i got offered a job today and i accepted it of course..... i would just like to thank everyone on boards for helping me gain such a high position within a firm and a further thanks to all the boards people who stuck with me through thick and thin i shall remember you when im at the top.............................. and i may even employ you, imagine that, it would be such a privilege for you to clean such a high standing member of societies pool.... sounds good eh???

Well i hope when the recession comes biting on my door and im left high and dry , that you will not look down on me and find it in your heart to give me a job. I see big things in your future ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

boot.gif

damnit it kid, you've been tempted away from my company, despite my generous raise. They must have heard me talking about you. Tell you what, come back to us, and I'll double your pay, and give you an extra 2 weeks holidays, which you can spend in my private Villa. I'll get you your own assistant, we'll call the model agency and have em send some girls over and you can take your pick.

C'mon kid, whatta you say? We can't afford to lose you. You're the glue holding this whole corporation together!

You blew them away with your customer focus and dedication, thought outside the box, pushed the envelope and gave it 110% to get that, didn't you?:rolleyes:

In fairness, love, the chances of you being the boss of me in the real world are completely non-existant. But yeah, you hold that thought if it works for you. :D

Hows the new job going OP?

zuroph, thats is such e generous offer but i am afraid i will have to decline i have made a commitment to this firm and i am going to stick with it but thanks anyway.... maybe i can give you a job here someday... the only thing is you will have to wear a suit but im sure you scrub up well haha only joking

as for ulstudent i shall be joining you in september and maybe i can interview you for a few openings we have within the firm you wont regret it kiddo what do you say??? oh and the jobs is going fantastic thanks for asking ( kudos to you for earning brownie points with the leader of a trans national company )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You're heading to UL in September. You must have gotten a job as a groundskeeper or security.

Well Done! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I hope the OP gets a medal off someone for being so awesome.

• Advertisement

as for ulstudent i shall be joining you in september and maybe i can interview you for a few openings we have within the firm you wont regret it kiddo what do you say??? oh and the jobs is going fantastic thanks for asking ( kudos to you for earning brownie points with the leader of a trans national company )

Considering you have got such an amazing job already in the pipeline - why even bother going to UL? Surely it will be hard to separate college time and work time. UL will do just grand without ya somehow.

Advertisement