Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you look to the sky tonight...

Options
  • 15-07-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

Space Shuttle Visible Tonight 15/07/09

The Space Shuttel Endeavour ( STS-127 ) will be visible tonight if the scheduled launch due at 23.03PM Irish time goes ahead, she will pass over Ireland 18 minutes later at 23:21PM and will be a very bright star moving very fast also visible will be the two EF Booster tanks following behind the shuttle as they will have jettisoned from the Shuttle a few minutes earlier.

The launch itself will be shown on Sky News on TV, but i suggest you get out to see her overhead after so be outside from 23:18PM onwards if it's a clear sky as this will be a rare opportunity to see the Booster Jets behind the Shuttle herself, this is not to be missed. She will approach from a SW Direction so look towards Galway.

18Minutes to cross the Altantic, not too shabby ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

cool defo gonna check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

17miles downrange, 1,900mph. Go go go!

Now, 51miles downrange 3,400mph 2min 20 seconds into the flight.

Amazing stuff, 3min20s into the flight, 4000mph, 120miles downrange, 56miles high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Just saw it:D Had the whole family out doubting it would be seen but low and behold it just flew across the sky with the red tank tailing behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Saw it! Very impressed even thought the light polution was bad. Would have been amazing in the dark of the country side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

That was class!! Amazin. Im actually sad herself didn see it. Like wil that ever happen again?

I missed it :( I arrived too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

It's amazing alright but I wouldn't consider it paranormal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

very paranormal there were ghosts on board!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

1234.jpg

Advertisement