Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with internet access

Options
  • 15-07-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Folks.,
    really hoping someone can help!
    Mrs Big B has an Hp desktop running Windows XP. We have no landline so she's been using my O2 portable modem. All was well!

Got an upgrade to the O2 modem, was told to uninstall the old software before running the new one.
    Did that, the new modem works fine - at least, it's downloading all the windows updates etc. However, when she tries to go online, she keeps getting told she isn't connected.
    have tried uninstalling the new O2 software then installing again- no luck. Also, downloaded IE7 on another pc, loaded that but no joy either.

Probably/hopefully something simple, but it's beyond me. Would appreciate any advice before I have to go pay someone to fix it.

many thanks in advance

ps - the old modem is unavailable to me now, otherwise I'd gladly have gone back to that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

since this has slipped to page 3 now :(

anyone any ideas, please?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

check ie connections page (tools-internet options-connections)check you are not on a dial up setting,(set to never dial a connection) set lan settings to auto

Advertisement