Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% off Book Depository

Options
  • 15-07-2009 4:08pm

Dear Customer

Thank you for waiting whilst we were working on our website. We're back now!

Although it looks exactly the same, there are quite a few new improvements to the site. Items now stay in your shopping basket for longer (they used to disappear when you closed your browser), and our catalogue and availability have also increased. In addition, we've sorted out all the stuff we need to get the .com version of our site live over the coming week.

As a thank you for your patience you can use the following code in your basket to get 10% off your order:

itlives (this will only work until the end of tomorrow, July 15th).

In order to use the code you MUST visit the site via the link:

www.bookdepository.co.uk/andweareback

Given that we've just changed lots of things on the site, please shout if you see anything that is not working.

Thanks again

Kieron

Kieron Smith
    Managing Director

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Maybe the reason he posted it again Iggy is because the thread you're referring to has a big red EXPIRED next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

anyone else having problems with the site? i keep getting an error that the server is taking too long and nothing's going into my basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Working okay for me.

(Have prices gone up or am I just imagining it? meh. Probably just me.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm unable to access the site at all at the moment. It was working okay yesterday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

It was working fine for me this afternoon.

But the last few orders from them have had long delays in processing with out any communication at all from them. They seemed to do nothing with the orders till I followed up with a mail to them. Hopefully they will get what ever the problem is sorted soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

Thanks Dursey. Just got a fiver off my order. It wouldn't link to PayPal so I signed in and used a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Karoma wrote: »
    Working okay for me.

(Have prices gone up or am I just imagining it? meh. Probably just me.)

I could swear prices have gone up a euro or two since this morning. Is it a case of some exchange rate change or are they pulling a sly one? I had one book in the shopping basket and it seems to have the old lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

They redesigned their site earlier this year and silently introduced IP based pricing, unlike play.xom forcing us to pay the higher euro price they make the exchange rate fair but the actual price is higher if you're outside the UK.

I checked prices before and it was USA > EU > UK, so not quite free international shipping. Last night it there was uniform pricing, perhaps why people thought there was a great reduction, and now it's back to IP based pricing, which is why we're noticing an increase.

Just as an example from the home page:
    Reheated Cabbage: UK £8.37 vs. IRL £9.34

(I used a UK proxy to check the prices.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

red_fox wrote: »
    (I used a UK proxy to check the prices.)

Did you not purchase through the proxy? 3V is your best friend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Read this thread as sepository. Disappointed.

Advertisement