Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my story when i lived in galway

Options
  • 15-07-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

i just got bored, waiting for something to download and needed to kill the time, and i was reading the pull down list and thought id have a gander into this forum

i though this would be a great place to share my little 4/5 year old story of a time i slept over in a freinds house in galway. iv often been thinkin of it latley for some strange weird reason and iv mentioned it to my mam too and she sais she remembers that i never wanted to ever sleep over at that house again, i was fine during the day with people around me but i couldnt go there again afterwards.

i dont really believe in ghosts or paranormal activity, but this has no, and i mean NO explanation behind it. so ill share this story outloud for this time on the net-

i was about 3/4 maybe 5 at the time and i lived in galway for about 5 years. i had freinds on the estate road i lived in but in all fairness they were right coultchy pricks in my books. kids are mean, my dad was of indian decent so i have a slight tan but fully irish, iv been called alot of racial slurr with galway kids, but it was there parents that were the worst.

anyways that being said, my mam and stepdad had freinds in some other part of galway about 15/20minits drive from my place 'oranmore'. it was actually situated near a church/convent/school in one of the most faul pedofile places they believe was the worst in either galway or ireland not too sure. when i find out where these freinds of ours lived ill tell all. but either way, these freind of ours where basically another family- and the nicest people of my childhood. not an ounce of bad in them.

but anyways, one night of many nights that iv stayed over was so dam freightening that when i think really deep of the moments it still creeps me the hell out. im 21 years old now too, but i used to stay in the same bed as my freind shane.
    (the family my family were freinds with had 2 daughters aoifa and another girl i cant remember the name and 1 boy shane that i was freinds with and a mother and father named mary and i cant remember the dads name)

the house was a bungalow with a very long hallway/corridor and had about 4 or 5 bedrooms, it was a new house too so wasnt old. the parents had their own room, the 2 girls shared a room with my sister and shane and i shared his room and there was a spare room too. all these rooms were situated on the hallway/corridor.

one night. i woke up to the sound of a lightswitch flicking on and off. it was on and it was off and switched back on and off again. i only heard the sound of the switch, and the sound of shoes or runners running frantically up and down the hallway switching the same light on and off at one end and vice versa. the bedroom door was open but my door was the very last door at the end of the hallway, so all i could see was light flooding the room for each and every lightflick. i was in so much shock that i was stiff, afraid to gain any attraction, nevermind DARE go look and see what was going on. the only strenght in my baby body was to poke shane who was next to me in deep sleep. and you know children, they sleep through earthquakes, literally. i wasnt able to wake him up. the sound of duvets and quilts was enough for me nevermind being able to reach him in the same double bed, he wasnt guna wake.

it carried on and i cried and whimpered to myself untill it stopped. when it stopped i remember staying awake for another good while and i eventually got sleep but nothing deep.

all i seen was the hallway light lighting up and off about 50/60 times a minute, uncoordinated and all i heard in total was the sound of feet or shoes or runners that were running like crazy up and down the hallway on carpet. absolutley no other sound to indicate anything else, period,

when i asked in the morning who it was or what was going on i remember mary and shane saying it was probobly the kids messing. what kids mess without laughter? they couldnt reach the lightswitches either way. obviously those were my initial thoughts.

can anyone explain this? dont dare disbelieve me. i will DIE and take this to the grave with me, if i look like an attention seeker then so be it, ill tell this story over and over till i die. i was 4 or so and suffered bad misunderstandings of this event too.

its still beyond me, so share your thoughts or ideas of what was goin on if ya would....

nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Is there any way that it could have been a dream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Id say it was the other kids in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

Overblood wrote: »
    Is there any way that it could have been a dream?

i thought of that too, but it just wasnt a nightmare or dream, not when you remember the sweat and tears and the heat of it all in detail, the terror was too much for a dream. far from a dream thats for sure

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Id say it was the other kids in the house.

there wasnt any kid in the house tall enough to reach the switches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

could very well of been an electrical fault maybe the hall was lit with a flouresent light fitting and the starter was burnt out so you'd get the flickering and what would have sounded like a light switch being turned on and off, then your mind could have started playing tricks with you after that.
    Just giving you a possible explanation of what might have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

DG i believe u man u make a good point -

quite possibly a fault - but what about the feetsteps sound? the sound of somebody running up and down the hallway ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

hexagramer wrote: »
    i thought of that too, but it just wasnt a nightmare or dream, not when you remember the sweat and tears and the heat of it all in detail, the terror was too much for a dream. far from a dream thats for sure

Could they have jumped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

could you have had a fit perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

hmm true what kids play without talking or anything and just flicking lights on and off....someone musta heard the light switch going on and off too but only u did so id say it was a dream but who knows?i hope it was a dream uhh scary stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

hexagramer wrote: »

Now what's more likely? A ghost or kids getting something to stand on to reach the switch ?? That's exactly what my nephew used to do :rolleyes:

Advertisement