Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTAC v's FETAC - is there a difference?

Options
  • 15-07-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

This may be a really simple question! But I've tried to google some answers without getting a clear answer.

I'm comparing two PLC courses and deciding which one to go for. One receives a BTEC award and the other receives a FETAC award. From what I gather, BTEC is the UK / NI accreditation agency and FETAC is the Irish one.

Is there any difference between the standards i.e is BTEC more favouribly recognised or would they be equally recognised? I'm obviously taking into consideration the modules I'll be studing also, but i'd be pushed to choose one over the other if it meant I'd be further along.

Levels after two year course:

BTEC Higher National Diploma
    FETAC level 6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

ah ok, trust that I'd find out after I posted a thread! But basically the levels i mentioned are the same.

Advertisement