Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on White Shorts

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,

Anyone out there own a pair of white shorts? I was looking at the Cannondale Ltd Bib Shorts, but the white is kinda putting me off. Any feedback on these shorts, whether white looks grubby after a while etc. would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

White shorts are really a fair weather thing. I have a pair and they only come out a few times a year or on trips to Spain. They haven't gotten grubby, but I wouldn't wear them in bad weather. Getting ones with a black insert around the seat is always a good idea, since they can get mucky/transparent if you are caught in the rain.

Bottom line, I'd only buy white shorts a.) if I had loads of dark ones already and b.) as something nice to wear now and again. As everyday shorts, they're not really suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,029 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tonto wrote: »
    Bottom line, I'd only buy white shorts a.) if I had loads of dark ones already and b.) as something nice to wear now and again.

(c) you are personally familiar with the "sack and crack".

I still have flashbacks about your pale grey Kaiku's on the ROK. There was a reason I decided to take turns on the front.

*shudder*

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lumen wrote: »
    (c) you are personally familiar with the "sack and crack".

I still have flashbacks about your pale grey Kaiku's on the ROK. There was a reason I decided to take turns on the front.

*shudder*

Yes, that was a rare lapse. Ordinarily I wouldn't wear shorts like that in weather like that, but myself and Raam had been plotting that stunt for months. We weren't going to let crackage get in the way of it. I promise from now on in to only wear the pink and silver shorts on sunny days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yes, that was a rare lapse. Ordinarily I wouldn't wear shorts like that in weather like that and myself and Raam had been plotting that stunt for months. We weren't going to let crackage get in the way of it. I promise from now on in to only wear the pink and silver shorts on sunny days.

With a stunt like that, there is always going to be some kind of collateral damage. We take no prisoners and we don't apologise for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Fine by me...

359080454_91dc810edf_o.jpg

• Advertisement

Yes, that was a rare lapse. Ordinarily I wouldn't wear shorts like that in weather like that, but myself and Raam had been plotting that stunt for months. We weren't going to let crackage get in the way of it. I promise from now on in to only wear the pink and silver shorts on sunny days.

Mine arrived today, and they are quite awesome.

OP: it's a bit of an odd judgement that you want the shorts but not in that colour. Why not just find shorts in the colour you want?

Assos do a similar style of white short (with the black crotchal section) but also do them in black, blue and Santa-red.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Or not, as the case may be...

white.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Where have we seen a picture like that before?

Thanks Bluefoam. I'll stare at that until the Tonto memory gets overwritten.

edit: the first pic, not the second :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@brian- you are right to have reservations. Don't do it! Used to be shorts had to be plain black and you would be fined for riding in anything else, bring that back I say.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived today, and they are quite awesome.

You got Kaiku kit? Excellent.
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    Or not, as the case may be...

Either those boys are very excited about winning or that pic is photoshopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Either those boys are very excited about winning or that pic is photoshopped.

Haven't looked closely, but there's an apparent uniformity of cod-piece size and shape.

Photoshop or cucumber in tin-foil.

blorg wrote: »
    Used to be shorts had to be plain black and you would be fined for riding in anything else, bring that back I say.

Spoilsport

lukester wrote: »
    Haven't looked closely

Liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Liar.

Busted.

How did I know you would be the one to call me on that?

Advertisement