Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and Worst TV ads on at the moment

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:54pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭

a different thread gave me the idea.....

whats the best and the worst for whatever reason

the worst one has to Cilit Bang.... "Hi, I I'm Barry Sco..." no one ****ing cares

one of the best ones i think is the tv license adds...they can be quite amusing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Worst moment = RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zGeek

all tv ads are total condoms and **** pellets!! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

sorry mods for puttin it in wrong forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

The worst one is the Corrie ones that does be on RTE & UTV all the time. "Everyone is talking about what's happening on the street".... Er no their not! I hate that bloody show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry but the worst ad right now should be universally recognised as the Stena-Line one with the kid rambling on about "the best holiday eveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr.. and got to meet bi-curious George and.."

:mad:

EDIT: Ah christ.. just found it on YouTube.. gaaaaaaarrgh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Best - Hula Hoops YMCA ad
    Worst - Volvic Challenge (smart campaign though)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

basquille wrote: »
    Sorry but the worst ad right now should be universally recognised as the Stena-Line one with the kid rambling on about "the best holiday eveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr.. and got to meet bi-curious George and.."

:mad:

EDIT: Ah christ.. just found it on YouTube.. gaaaaaaarrgh!

"The sh*t was brilliant... Bi-curious George touched me up"

Well a little alteration never hurt anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Worst ad on at the moment has to be the one for Maxwell house with the girl talking to her Granny about getting her clothes dirty at a festival. The grans response, i went to a fetival too, we didn't wear any clothes.

Isn't it the exact same script as an ad for bold washing powder in the 90's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

worst ad has to be the one for the breakfast cereal where the daughter comes down stairs and the father is eating it. She asks is it nice and he says no youll hate it. Pointless ad in my opinion. Cant stand the way the daughter keeps asking about them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Compare the Meerkat should really annoy me but I can't help laughing at it. Although tbf I do watch most of my telly on my laptop (<3 rapidshare) so only see those ads the odd time if I'm vegging in front of Dave or FX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

We buy any car dot com, any...any...any....any

nearly threw a brick at the tv the last time i saw that ad

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

god its a toss up for me betwee the little **** who wants to do a poo in pauls house or the even litter **** from the stenna line ads, it was besg holiday ever? Where did he go to hollyhead?

Best ad, i do like the snickers ad with mr T but i'll edit this and put in something else should i think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

ziedth wrote: »
    god its a toss up for me betwee the little **** who wants to do a poo in pauls house or the even litter **** from the stenna line ads, it was besg holiday ever? Where did he go to hollyhead?

Best ad, i do like the snickers as with mr T but i'll edit this and but im something else should i think ok it.

That ad with the little kid talking about taking a poo over in paul's house is hilarious

Advertisement