Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle parking near St. Stephens Green Luas

Options
  • 15-07-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I am starting a new job and plan to commute from the city centre to Sandyford. I was wondering is it possible to park your bike at the St. Stephens Green LUAS stop or nearby???

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Make sure you have a decent lock.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You'd be safer with two locks.

Use a U-Lock and a normal chain lock. That way thiefs will need two sets of tools and are less likely to bother.

You'd be safer with two locks.

Use a U-Lock and a normal chain lock. That way thiefs will need two sets of tools and are less likely to bother.
    If it is too well secured they will just wreck it. :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

To answer the OP's actual question: Yes, you can lock a bike around the St Stephens Green Luas. There are lost of bikes parked around there on a daily bases both at bike parking and at polls and railings etc.

Two locks of a different type can be a good idea for the reason mentioned above -- it just generally makes things harder for any would be thief.
    If it is too well secured they will just wreck it. :eek:

Run_to_da_hills is our resident tabloid posted, everything is a lot more shocking when he's around, don't mind him too much.

monument wrote: »
    To answer the OP's actual question: Yes, you can lock a bike around the St Stephens Green Luas. There are lost of bikes parked around there on a daily bases both at bike parking and at polls and railings etc.

Two locks of a different type can be a good idea for the reason mentioned above -- it just generally makes things harder for any would be thief.

Run_to_da_hills is our resident tabloid posted, everything is a lot more shocking when he's around, don't mind him too much.
    If I wished to use a push bike in Dublin city I would hold off a few months for JC Decaux :D

velib%20broken.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 staff_houston

Thanks guys... that's the info I was looking for! ;)

Thanks guys... that's the info I was looking for! ;)

Alternatively you could buy one of those aluminum fold up models and take it with you on the luas. :p

Advertisement